All reviews sea view isle of man cycling trip small tv received a very warm welcome side road steam railway booked a single room comfortable beds a great place to stay bus stop night stay guest lounge nothing too much trouble third floor shower room full english breakfast
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in the 1st week of October and had a great stay. Room was clean and tidy and the bed was so comfy it was hard to get up in the morning. Are room was at the front of the hotel so we had seaview even from are toilet. The only bad thing was we didn't stay longer.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
S C, General Manager at The Edelweiss Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you Brian for taking the time to review our property.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and especially liked our comfy beds!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon
Kind Regards
Shirley

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome from Shirley. We went up in the really cosy lift to the third floor. Shirley send the luggage up after us. The room was fabulous and spacious with a brilliant sea view and a lovely touch of some sweets on the pillows. Beds were comfy and unlike other hotels, there are proper sized mugs on the tray with the tea and coffee
Bathroom spacious with great shower.
Breakfast is superb with high quality ingredients and excellent service.
Looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words.
It was a pleasure for us to have you stay at the Edelweiss.
We pride ourselves on providing a homely atmosphere - As a guest house we are pleased when our guests feel "at home" and we are pleased our little touches are appreciated.
Best Wishes Shirley

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel and friendly staff. Shirley was fantastic really helpful and lovely to talk to. She couldn’t do enough for us. As we was there on a biking holiday we was considered about where we could put are bikes. We asked and there was a room at the back and we cud put them in there. One of the days we got wet though came back to the hotel and Shirley sed we could put are wet clothes in the dryer what was a massive help. The hotel room nice and very very clean and warm. In fact it was one of the hottest hotel room I ever been in. Witch after a wet and cold bike ride was lovely. The shower was fantastic and red hot. The beds was comfortable. We had a breakfast witch was all you can eat and was lovely. I would recommend this hotel. Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Dean what a wonderful review!
We always try to anticipate the needs of our guests and we are pleased this shows through.
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we hope you don't leave it too long before you visit us again!
Best Wishes Shirley

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My husband booked this guest house for our 39th wedding anniversary as we had our honeymoon on the Isle of Man. I found my husband dead in bed on the 3rd June and phoned the guest house that day to let them know I would have to cancel the holiday, I then received an email from booking.com to confirm the cancellation and when I explained to them the circumstances they tried to get me a refund. The guest house refused saying that under their terms and conditions no refund are allowed but also added that they are a small family run business and that i did not give them enough warning of this cancellation. As you can imagine i was very hurt at these comments.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gerry19542103
S C, Manager at The Edelweiss Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

For any future guests reading this we would like to respond to this review:
I was of course very sorry for this lady in the sudden loss of her husband having in fact experienced similar family loss myself and realising what a difficult time it must have been for her.
I feel we have very much been made the focus of this ladies grief for simply operating our business in a fair and reasonable way - where our guests are always put first!
Over 4 months ago the lady did indeed call to cancel her booking a couple of days before arrival - I actually spoke to her myself and expressed my sincere sympathy to her. At no point was a refund or request for refund mentioned during this conversation it was a brief conversation and I simply said I would let booking.com know as she had booked it through them and not us that was all the conversation consisted of.
A day or so later booking.com called me directly and asked if we could refund the lady despite the fact she had booked a non refundable advanced purchase booking. This is the only time policies were ever mentioned in which I said that it would not be possible to now resell the room on the same day of arrival and as a small family run business it would lead to a major loss on our part. I then went on to say that we would be happy to provide a cancellation letter for her insurance so that she could claim some of the costs back and that was the last we heard. As an offshore destination most of our guests obtain travel insurance so we assumed that is what she would have done when she was ready.
We operate a fair and customer focused business always - despite the stress this lady has clearly been under it is very unfair for her to attack us 4 months after for something that we do not deserve.
To make a full refund for a 7 day booking on the day that the guest was supposed to arrive would not be viable for any business especially as this guest had already made it on the cheapest available rate (Non refundable rate), which was clearly stated when booked - other rates that do allow refund were available at the time.
Shirley Ver Elst
(Proprietor - The Edelweiss)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Lovely small clean Hotel, excellent staff, nothing too much trouble. Must remember to pre-book breakfast the day before though , as you are not guaranteed breakfast if you don't, we forgot but the owner was most obliging also concerned that we had to wait, this was not a problem with us ! Rooms VERY clean, although I did not have a "View" it didn't matter as when you are asleep do you care ! Would most certainly go back. Good selection at breakfast. Bus stop outside to and from airport/ ferry port. Very near electric tram terminus.

Room Tip: Rooms on side do not have good view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words.
All our rooms on booking websites are available on a room only basis and then breakfast if required can be then booked as a supplement (if required) to offer our guests even better value for money. If breakfast is not booked during the booking process then guests are welcome to book it on an as and when required basis the day before if required - we only ask they book the day before so we know how many we are cooking for.
If breakfast is not requested the day before and a guest changes their mind we always try to accommodate them if possible subject to the booked guests being priority.
We were able to accommodate these lovely ladies almost immediately but I was concerned that they may need to wait for a short period.