All reviews yogurt full english recommend places isle of wight cooked breakfast original booking friendly owners comfortable bed st boniface town centre breakfast was excellent a great nights sleep victorian building tea and biscuits great start to the day fringe festival a great place to stay
Reviewed 23 October 2017

When I booked to stay at Cornerways I didn't have high expectations as I am normally disappointed with the service and cleanliness levels with these types of family run hotels. Well all I can say is what a gem!! We received a warm welcome and were shown to our large double room. It had a brand new en-suite with a huge shower. The bed was more comfortable than our bed at home and the room was spotless.

In the morning we had one of the best English breakfasts, piping hot and very generous. All I can say is if you are staying in this area I would seriously consider staying here. It is child free also, so nice and quiet.

Room tip: Room 7 has a sea view
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Chose this B&B for a few reasons, and all seemed great calling to book. Twice we discussed prices and dates, we moved our original booking (both in August), and on both occasions we were offered rates, and I checked them the second time. How naiive I was. I am not usually this trusting, and I have only myself to blame. There was no email confirmation (strange that it was never forthcoming). I even paid a deposit over the phone and STILL didn't get a written confirmation of details. I paid up in the rush to leave and found when I checked my notes at home that the rates did not match. No proof and no way of getting my lost £100 back. Again, totally my fault. Don't let this happen to you. Practical details are essential to protect both parties. Don't be afraid to insist on receiving proof of the rates you agree verbally.

When we arrived, the very first words said to me were "we weren't expecting a child!" Again, they were (refer to previous telephone conversations!) I had to remind the person concerned that they DID know, repeating some of the very same telephone conversations as my proof of details i.e. their son is the same age!

The rooms were ok (10 and 14). Clean and with all expected amenities. I was told on both occasions that they could not guarantee a room (which allows them to juggle - be warned). Room 12 looked lovely when we had a sneaky peek when it was being cleaned.

Breakfast great, lovely service, great communal areas. Parking/driving very tight around there. Quite a walk from Ventnor sea front.

Room tip: Try room 12, two windows.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

It's taken me a while to get round to writing a review but we had such a lovely stay I feel a good review is well deserved. Cornerways is a home from home with lovely friendly hosts and comfortable bedrooms. Breakfast was served with a smile and was plentiful. I would certainly recommend anyone to stay here and hope that we will be able to stay here again when we visit the island next.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

A lovely little hotel (B&B) a short walk from Ventnor town centre with a warm welcome and hosts who are simply superb.

Nice warm rooms, clean & quiet with comfortable beds.

Breakfast was great with the nicest porridge I've had in a long time - all diets and tastes are accounted for too. A great start to the day.

I can't fault Cornerways and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We really lucked out with our last minute weekend break to Cornerways. The Victorian building and garden is full of character and charm. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts and the room was really comfortable with modern touches. We had an extremely relaxing time and enjoyed walking down to the beach at Bonchurch and then back along the seafront to Ventnor for a fish supper and a drink at The Spyglass Inn. The bed was better than our one back home and the breakfast was high quality and delicious. Definitely want to go back again. (It's easily accessible by bus too!)

Date of stay: September 2017