All reviews record player ruby suite hot tub gold room sapphire room fluffy bathrobes isle of wight roll top bath small luxury picturesque village the perfect host luxurious suite champagne glasses guests staying little touches model village mid week break
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic find for our holiday on the Isle of Wight. Shona was so helpful and lovely when we arrived and showed us to our room, the Ruby Suite. The room was gorgeously decorated with antique furniture and the hot tub/sauna was an added bonus. The breakfast was cooked to perfection. Couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay! Would highly recommend and will be visiting again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KoalaCottage, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely review Sophie. It was great to meet you both and I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my girlfriend and It was perfect. I’ve stayed at many places this year with business and this room was by far the best.
It was decorated beautifully, however what surprised me is, there was everything you’d need, an iron, a hair dryer, a kettle, tea bags, a vinyl music player with loads of songs, a TV, a fridge etc. The smallest of details had been thought out and it made it feel really homely, to the point where you could be happy to just stay in the room.
The breakfast is really good and the owners are so friendly and so funny. They are genuinely great people.
My favourite thing was the hot tub and sauna in the garden. We used it a lot, drinking gin and listening to music before we went out. There is also a lot to do in the village, with some lovely pubs and restaurants in walking distance, it was right up our street. It was the relaxing and romantic break we needed. I will 100% be coming back next year.

Dear Ben

Thanks so much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to meet you both. I look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent three nights here in the height of August this year and could not have wished for anywhere nicer.
Shona greated us on arrival and showed us around. Our room was absolutely fantastic and we were not able to fault it in any way. Well decorated, clean and with all the comforts you could wish for, even fresh milk and cold water in the room's fridge. For in room entertainment, there was saterlight TV, board games and even a record player with a selection of vinyl. The room was very comfortable and the en-suite was compleat with old style roll top bath and a separate shower.
Breakfast was absolutely amazing, all fresh cooked to order with a great selection. The ability to book the jacuzzi gave a nice way to relax after long hot days sightseeing.
All in all, we would thoroughly recommend Koala Cottage to any couple looking for a break on the island.
We will be back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KoalaCottage, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thanks Simon, I’m so pleased you both enjoyed you experience at Koala Cottage. I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Exceptionally well run small but top quality B&B. The owner's attention to detail is superb . Has got to rate as one of the very best on the Island.
Spacious well equipped rooms with many special little touches/extras.
Breakfasts are brilliant quality with content and size to choice.

Room tip: all rooms similar
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KoalaCottage, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Many thanks for your kind review, it’s very much appreciated.

I do hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent, tasteful and very comfortable accommodation, delicious home cooked breakfast, superb hospital and service courtesy of Shona. A perfect base from which to explore the island. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
KoalaCottage, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Many thanks for your kind review, I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.