All reviews record player ruby suite hot tub sapphire room isle of wight roll top bath small luxury pure luxury the perfect host luxurious suite champagne glasses guests staying model village little touches mid week break first class exceptional standard
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This is a fantastic place to stay, if I could give it 6 stars I would. We stayed in the golden suite for 2 nights for my partner's birthday. Shona was very flexible and gave us a complimentary tea, coffee, milk and chocolates. The room was absolutely amazing and looks better than the photos. Shona advised us on places to visit and eat on the Isle of Wight. The breakfast was very good and plentiful, she went the extra mile, going above and beyond expectations with her providing excellent customer service. Shona was a fantastic host, catering to our needs and even providing additional a cake knife and plates to help me surprise my partner with a birthday cake. She was such an accommodating host and made our stay much better than it could have been elsewhere or from another hotel owner. We found no fault and would highly recommend Koala Cottage. Another plus for us was it only catered for up to 3 sets of guests so provided a relaxed intimate homely feel.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shona M, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

I'm lost for words......... thank you so much for your lovely review and awarding Koala Cottage 6 stars! It was lovely to meet you both and so glad you both had a wonderful stay at Koala Cottage. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

All the best

Reviewed 21 February 2017

This gem of a hideaway was perfect for my solo trip to get away from it all, yet it was in close proximity to all amenities and shops. Ideal! Koala Cottage gave me the serenity I needed with that stamp of luxury you just don't find very often nowadays. Friendly and welcoming owners, my beautiful Safire Suit and wonderfully cooked breakfast made my stay very special. Definitely highly recommended.

Room tip: All rooms are equally positioned on the ground floor. All decorated and dressed to a luxurious standard. I would recommend any of the rooms.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Shona M, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Koala Cottage, I really appreciate your kind review and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

All the best

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Koala Cottage turned out to be the perfect location for us to explore the Isle of Wight. It was situated in a quiet, beautiful village, which was easily accessible to all parts of the island. The village itself provided much to see, with local walking opportunities, a modal village and three excellent pubs, with different eating experiences. The Taverners was our favourite!
The cottage itself was stunning. Beautifully decorated with quality features, lots of space, almost a living / dining / bedroom combined. The attention to detail was superb with lovely furnishings, solid furniture and pretty accessories. It was the accessories which made this cottage special for me. Fresh milk was standard, delicious biscuits, selection of teas and of course the chocolates! An old fashioned record player/radio, and selection of games designed to entertain were a lovely touch. The toiletries too were top quality and the thick, luxurious towels and bath robes just added to the experience. The sauna/jacuzzi were special too, even though it was not too cold, we certainly enjoyed our time in the tub. The breakfasts were very tasty and generous, with an excellent selection. A cooked breakfast, eggs benedict and omelettes were provided with top quality ingredients.
Finally, for Shona, nothing was too much. Keen to hear our experiences and how we felt, as well as sharing her experiences of the island. Top tips on places to visit were great - we had a fabulous time at the Roman villa which had not been on our list. We will most definitely return, should we visit the Isle of Wight again.

Room tip: Three top quality rooms - we stayed in Ruby but I would expect all three to be of equal quality
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoniqueRamsay
Shona M, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Monique

Thanks so much for such a fabulous review. It was lovely to meet you both and glad you had an enjoyable stay at Koala Cottage. I do hope that you will return to the island and visit us again very soon.

All the very best

Reviewed 19 January 2017

After the fizz fizzled out of the Christmas Season, my daughter and I stayed at Koala Cottage as a pick me up. Well Koala Cottage certainly ticked all the boxes. The room was luxurious & sumptuous; the bathroom alone earns a five star rating, and the facilities amazing. We spent rather a long time in the Jacuzzi drinking prosecco (didn’t want to get out), also has a sauna. Outside areas had twinkle lights, which gave it all a dreamy magical feel. Breakfast was made to order (much better than the usual buffet style breakfast I’ve experienced in other B&B’s – it’s never hot!). Fab location, private parking, Godshill village is literally just around the corner, unique & individual shops to wander around, particularly like the Old Smithy Shop & Cider Barn, also plenty of places to eat. We loved every minute. As Arnie would say ‘I’ll be back!’

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Shona M, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to play host to you and your daughter and hope very much that you will both require another pick me up at Koala Cottage soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Koala Cottage was truly amazing . The decor was lovely and tasteful. Host Shona was very hospitable. Her impeccable taste and eye for detail enhanced the experience. Breakfast was made to order and served in such a dreamy setting! We loved every bit of our stay here and hope to come back with family and friends!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shona M, Owner at Koala Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

It was a pleasure to meet you both and so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Koala Cottage. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Many thanks