“By far the cream of Shanklin”

Eastmount Hall Hotel
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Shanklin
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“By far the cream of Shanklin”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Having stayed in many hotels - all over the world, I can honestly say this is, by far, the most welcoming I have visited. I enjoyed it so much, I returned four times within a 6 month period! Christmas was fabulous - thank you so much. How this could possibly be rated a three star hotel beggars belief. Normally a critical person, I could not fault the accommodation, staff or food. Nothing is too much trouble and there is a genuine welcoming feeling throughout the stay. I will be returning again in the summer. I now feel I have an extended family - who I can't wait to see again. WELL DONE ALL OF YOU,

Room Tip: Having stayed infour of the rooms, all were comfortable, clean and accommodating. Although the hone...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
midlands
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I chose this hotel from the ratings and comments on trip advisor and was not disappointed. my mother and i stayed for 4 nights on a half board basis in 2 rooms.
On arrival we were greeted by Jill; quite possibly the kindest, most gentle hotelier you could wish to meet. They say when you view a house you make your mind up within the first 15 seconds; this i deem to be true about hotels. a cream tea was given to us which was delicious and despite arriving at 11.30am well ahead of normal checking in hours were shown to our rooms.
Comfortable and spotlessly clean with everything which you could possible need including complimentary toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities.
I have taken on board what other reviews have stated about decor etc but to me the decor and furnishings reflect the age and style of this hotel perfectly. Most importantly it is spotless everywhere.
Food is excellent; starched white tablecloths which i like and dining room service is excellent.
What is good is that all the food is piping hot, served on very hot plates and vegetables and potatoes in seperate dishes.
I could go on but go and see for yourself; if you want a friendly family run hotel with extremely reasonable bar prices, good food and the friendliest staff imaginable then this really is the place for you.
And to boot, a fantastic location !!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank villa4ever
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Me and my partner stayed here for a 2 night get away after I had an accident and needed some time away. The staff at the hotel are fantastic and did everything they could to help make me and my partner feel comfortable. When we arrived the staff brought me a glass of wine and my partner a pot of coffee and a cream tea each. They then showed us to our room which was a stunning sea view room. We wanted to explore the area so spoke to the staff about places to go and they were very helpful. The room was comfortable and I had a better night sleep there than I've had in a long time and the breakfast which was included was delicious. I will definately be returning to the hotel. It is well worth the money

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view room. It is slightly more expensive but the views are stunning
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evilgothictwin
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have just returned from a truly memorable holiday ,2 weeks,at the Eastmount Hall . We were greeted with a lovely cream tea , scones freshly baked brought to us by the lovely Suzy . The food was outstanding ,after a hard day on the beach their is nothing better than a sumptuous evening meal, great menu ,good value .Jill and her family know how to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble .What a way to relax in their lovely warm pool or lay resting, listening to the laughter from the pool .The room was well tended every day and the cleaner excelled in her duties .Their is loads of things going on in Shanklin at this time of the year and the Eastmount Hall is in a prime position for you to enjoy them .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beachnut50
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Spent a week with my mother and my two children at this wonderful hotel.Spent the days exploring and the afternoons in the super warm pool.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we hope to return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank robins19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shanklin
0.5 km away
The Wight
#6 of 29 in Sandown
11.2 km away
Royal Esplanade Hotel

Been to Eastmount Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!