Thurston Manor
USD 110
USD 93
The Rocks(Dunbar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolsuperior lodgesteep hillshop on sitedeluxe caravanplay parkholiday parksteam roomcentral heatingleisure facilitieskids clubwee breakmain facilitiesmonday to fridaysuper pitchlovely sitegames room
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I love it here, I have been three times and will be back. Friendly people, and great entertainment, best caravan park we have been to, and have visited a few. Reasonably priced drinks and food. Nice walks down to the glen. Well maintained and clean park.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed family of 5 in a deluxe caravan. Beautiful caravan brand new nice site and very easy to get to places like Edinburgh and north Berwick which has beautiful beaches. We stayed Mon until friday .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

The site itself is well kept,we stayed in our own caravan which was parked to the kids play area, the caravans are parked very close together only about a metre apart. Payed quite a bit of money for the 4 days we there only to find out we had to pay extra for the swimming in the complex which was really quite disgusting the cubicles and changing rooms were filthy with mud they hadn't been checked on for a while, pool attendant using her fone,
The toilet blocks were also dirty they weren't checked regularly either as each time I went they were dirty filled with paper. The music got louder from the complex each night.. in our third night there we had our waste water container stolen only to be told by management it's kids they never looked for it no apology from the staff then the same incident happened the next night .. the mangers attitude was I think I will raise it as a security issue not bothered at all no apology from any of the staff they weren't bothered at all ... not happy I am now £50 lighter in my pocket as in having to buy a new container

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed in a lovely lodge in the Glen, which was nice and quiet. But the walk down the hill was not a pleasant walk - a windy road with no pavement and not at all suitable for a family with toddlers. In the evening you can get the courtesy coach, but the times are limited. And the play park down there consisted of a swing and a slide, so was disappointing.

The lodge itself was very spacious, but dirty when we arrived not well enough equipped I thought - no soap, not enough crockery/cutlery, no oven tray. And there were a few things not working proeprly.

Overall I did think the whole holiday was quite overpriced for what you got in terms of facilities and entertainment. We stayed at Wooler last year, which I preferred as the lodges are more central.

My 2 and 5 year old did enjoy the disco, the pool and the bigger play park at the top - but I don't think there would be enough for older children. It is a nice spot for a base to explore the area though and we did make the most of that and the good weather. However next year I think we will opt for a Haven site.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had a motorhome and when our neighbour in a caravan put up their awning there was about 1 metre between the doors. Kids entertainment was OK but the pool was a bit of a joke especially as you had to pay for it. The toilets in both the restaurant area and shower block were not cleaned enough. Motorhome facilities very poor and toilet emptying site was enclosed which meant there were hundreds of flies. The food was very good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The price charged per night £31 was ridiculous with respect to the standard of the site.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family