See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My daughter and i just spent 4 nights at the Minerva, we thought it was lovely and exceptionally clean and Rachael, Dave and Joan were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them, the Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice, you could have as little or as much as you liked. The hotel is ideally situated, close to the sea front by also near the shops and railway station. We had a fantastic time despite the rain!! We would definetely go back to Paignton and the Minerva again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 17 June 2012

just spent the weekend at the Minerva,had room 10. The room was a spacious double with en-suit and very clean, this is the top room so there are 2 flights of stairs. They do have a stairlift to the first floor which is a great idea.
The beach is at one end of the road and round the corner from the shops at the other end. The breakfast was superb with plenty of choice, nothing was too much trouble. The only downside is parking only for 3 cars, you can park on the road but have to pay. I would definately stay there again and cannot fault the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunseekers195
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I spent one night here for a weekend workshop nearby and was delighted with the quality of the welcome, service, room and breakfast. My room was a single room, decoration was modern and pretty, with a particularly clean bathroom. It's also a great location as just 2 minutes' walk from the seafront yet it's just off the main road so there's no through-traffic.
Rachael and Dave are so friendly, I'll come back with my husband for a little weekend away :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank trish_cyblade
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the Minerva for a couple of nights in January 2012. I booked a small double for sole occupation.
The hotel (which is really a guest house) has and is in the process of being completely redecorated. The room that I had was small and I wouldn't like to spend a week with my other half in it. The fittings were all brand new and there was a seperate en-suite shower room. This again was newly installed. The en-suite was on of my only two gripes as they had installed a "Triton" water heater which was next to useless.
The other gripe was that the owners only served breakfast between 0830 and 0900. However, they were very accommodating as I had to get out early - they served me breakfast at 8.00am.
The parking is limited and there is only room for a couple of cars on the forecourt. There is plenty of pay for parking around the hotel.
The hotel is not licensed.
I can thoroughly recommend the hotel for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Try the large double which boasts a four poster bed.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Elan18
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had a fantastic time at the Minerva Hotel. The location is really convenient, within walking distance of several restaurants and pubs. Our room was spotlessly clean and well appointed. The hosts (Dave, Rachel and Joan) were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Dave even drove us to a fantastic restaurant across the water for dinner, buying us a drink at the restaurant bar before he left! The breakfasts are great, lots of choice and plenty of food for big appetites and small. We'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple