“Dont Pass This Lovely Italian Restaurant By.”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Ranked #5 of 203 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2016

My husband and I were recommended this lovely Italian Restaurant by the Landlady at our Guest house, Easton Court, she said her and her husband have never been disappointed with the food or service here, and we can quite understand why !
We were offered complimentary delicious home baked ciabatta bread and butter to nibble on whilst making our choices.

We ordered starters, I had stuffed mushrooms, hubby had pasta prawns & courgettes,both were very tasty.And were offered more complimentary bread-amazing.

Then I had a Chicken,Asparagus and Marsala sauce dish. Hubby had Veal Romano we both thoroughly enjoyed our delicious mains which were served with lovely crispy sliced potatoes and very tasty seasonal veg.

After a break(we were pretty full) I had a Pannacotta with fresh fruits and amaretto drizzled over - yummy, lovely creamy and light.
Hubby was thrilled as they had Strega Italian liquor for his liquor coffee, he last had it in a restaurant about 34yrs ago and every time we asked in other places up and down the country they never had it !!

We had drinks, lovely Rose house wine,Complimentary drinks(shots) Brilliant service from Max the owner, we could not fault a thing, so glad we asked for the recommendation.
When next in Paignton of course we will be back try stopping us (:-)

2  Thank vampy53

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Booked a table decided to have pasta for a change .
Also a starter, my wife had prawn & advacado with marie sauce I had antipasto absolutely gorgeous the advacado & prawns was light & delicate ,the antipasto light refreshing 5 types of Italian meats with black olive pesto,that big it could of been a mains but the different tastes of meat has to be tried to believe .
Mains were pasta carbonara & penne with a only can be described as a explosion of tomatoes & parmesan cheese with a hint of cream.
Topped off with a bottle of Bardalino red wine.
Wife Going back next friday with
Freinds from work .
Thankyou Massimilliano & staff for such a wonderful evening ,very friendly warm attentive & caring .

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

2nd time I've been here and was just as good as the first. Great food, lovely staff can't do enough for you.
Went here with my boss and her family all 6 meals were amazing.
Max the owner is very helpfull and an all round nice person. Great local business. If you haven't already been you must try it out. 10/10 keep up the good work.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Been here on 3 occasion and haven't been disappointed, really is that good. Portions are a good size and a no rush service, so relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I am reading of a lot of compliments about the place, the service... But not many thinks that the chef at La Scala is the real treasure!.. So, a big thank you go to the Co-Owner-Chef Meg!