“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #16 of 413 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We visited the Red Door Bistro and could not have asked for a better night. Food was excellent and the staff were briliant. We ended up stood at the bar till we were the last ones in the bistro..!
I would recommend the Tapas, especially Jane's meatballs, they are to die for.
Only comment I would like to make is that they stock some bottles of real ale not just wine and lager saying that I did enjoy the pear cider..!
Definately worth a visit and we will be back for more.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I took my family to Red door bistro for Mother's day and was very impressed with the quality of the food as well as the presentation. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Good value for money and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys their food as much as i do. Good selection of wine however It would have been nice to have a wider selection of beers maybe corona, peroni and real ale. Overall excellent food, great atmosphere and highly recommended. Fantastic evening!!

RedDoorBistroWigan, Owner at Red Door Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Hi Laura and Thankyou for your lovely review. Unfortunatly we dont have the facilities to have real ale at the bistro on draft, we are though looking to work with a local organic company that provides a large range of organic and none organic bottled real ales in the very near future. We do stock peroni, Becks, Desperado and stella . If you decide to dine with us again and you have any particular requirments please call us and we will do our best to keep it on ice for you x

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My boyfriend and I visited the red door bistro on a friday afternoon. On hearing good reviews about it we decided to nip in and see the menu, we weren't sure where it was but found a billboard pointing the way. It was empty on entering but the friendly waiter said they were serving and the ambience made us want to stay. When we went to order our drinks, the chef (and owner) of the bistro apologised profusely that her waitress was late so there may be a delay and she would be taking our orders and said they aren't normally so disorganised. To be honest, we were so relaxed and made to feel so welcome that we hadn't thought this was a problem.!
I inquired about the hot beef and onion and the chef (I'm sorry I have forgotten her name) said they were very flexible on the menu, saying something along the lines of- 'if we've got it, you can have it!'. We had some friendly banter and made our choices, my boyfriend, after much ummming and ahhing decinding upon the hake.
Whilst we waited we were brought bread and olives to dip which was a lovely touch. The food when it came (which, despite the warning didn't take long at all) was delicious. In fact, delicious is an understatement! The portion sizes were perfect for a lunchtime meal and prices were very reasonable. The waitress soon turned up too.
We would return without a doubt and can quickly see this becoming our new favourite place to eat in Wigan. Top marks for everything!

1  Thank LnR_Lancs
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Had the Valentines menu which was good value for money. Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Frankie and Jane were so friendly along with all of their staff. All in all a fantastic night which we thoroughly enjoyed. At last, a great "real" restaurant in the town centre. See you again soon.

3  Thank WiganYosser
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have held my twins sons 21st birthday meal at the Red Door and everyone was totally impressed with the beautiful choice of menu and service. On the back of that my other half and I have dined again at the Bistro on a Saturday night. Unlike the other comments we could not fault the ambience, the lights were just right and teh background music just perfect.

The food that we had was beautiful, the presentaion of all the courses was spot on, all the little touches like the crusty bread and balsamic / oil dip and olives just hit the spot.

I have just booked a table with friends for the Tapas evening that is being held there in February , and only wish that it was closer to my home so that we could go more often.

I wish the Bistro continued success, they deserve it!