“Midday lunch”
Review of Flat White Kitchen

Flat White Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 334 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My friend & i popped in here as we were passing, just killing time while our daughters were at a rehearsal in the local area.
We'd never been to this area before but thought the cafe looked lovely for a drink. The food sounded too good to pass up, so we ended up eating too.
We weren't disappointed. Lovely food, service & quirky decor & little touches.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Called into Flat White Kitchen while in Durham over the Easter Weekend. I've heard a lot of good things about this place and it didn't disappoint, on the coffee front atleast!

There was a queue for tables out the door, however all of the staff remained welcoming and friendly. I only popped in to grab a coffee to go and was served nice and quickly and the Barista handed over my Flat White after I eyed up the lovely looking cakes for a few minutes!

I would definitely recommend the Flat White Kitchen if you're looking for a good coffee, and I can't wait to return to sample their food!

1  Thank MysteryDining101
Reviewed 5 April 2018

As visitors to Durham, we were directed here by a local man outside the Tin of Sardines Gin bar. The worst thing about this place is that it is nowhere near where i live!!!

We stopped in for brunch and were lucky enough to get a table straight away. The guy that directed us here did say we might have to queue because of its popularity. I can definitely see why.

First and foremost it's no wonder this place is renowned for it's coffee. It was the best I've had in this country. The brunch menu is great and unusually i saw past the bacon and had the sourdough with avocado, feta, chilli, coriander, lime and two poached eggs. So simple really but a flavour bomb to kick start the day.

Very impressed with the whole place - food, service decor the lot!!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had to wait a bit to get a free table but it was definitely worth it. Tasty bagels with superb sweet potatoes. We also had cakes and coffee which were equally good. No doubt why it was so busy!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Let's get this straight, this is no hatchet job, but for a dead Saturday morning waiting to be seated when tables are available goes some to taking the biscuit. We are told that the "kitchen" is full and wait to be seated. This is a hipsters paradise; all gluten free, pretty young things, sitting on the most uncomfortable stools at massive bench tables. Of course the tables are half empty as it sets more of a vibe if you have a queue out of the door. The food is excellent with a great range if teas and coffees, just in case you though I was moaning for the sake of it. But if you dont love your loft apartment and dream of Shoreditch, listening to the posh students shouting about Mummy and Daddy, or the ski trip to Val D'isere, it may not be your thing. I'm not sure if I'm going back.