“Little Gem”
Review of Tapas Factory

Tapas Factory
Ranked #67 of 331 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very enjoyable, great food, atmosphere and staff, very helpful. Loved the sangria, will most definitely will be back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food was lovely, my favourite tapas dish was the chicken and chorizo. The aioli dip is delicous! Staff were friendly and helpful!
Will be returning

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was looking for a quick bite so decided to go for some tapas. We ordered 5 tapas and only the calamari was decent. Prawns were tasteless - and not peeled, they are always peeled! -, croquettes were clearly just defrosted (no handmade) and the meatballs were the typical canned ones you can buy in a Spanish supermarket for a couple of euros, so again no handmade.Paella valenciana was ok, not great but equally not that bad. Important to say, I am Spanish. Cook and manager seems not to which may explain why the restaurant fails to deliver a real taste from Spain. Beers were the best thing: you can have some Estrella Galicia and Alhambra. I will never come back and for obvious reasons, will not recommend to anyone wanting to try some real spanish tapas.

3  Thank Jesús B
Reviewed 26 March 2018

£8.95 lunch menu for three tapas is a bargain and the portion sizes are very good. Table of four ordered three tapas each, all came at the same time and was well liked by all. Bottle of wine recommended by head of house was a good choice.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I came as part of a large group and was very disappointed, as were others in my party, by the quality of the food. We didn’t eat off the regular menu but a selection of tapas. Most of the food offered was lacking in flavouring and seemed poor value for money. I was particularly disappointed by the meatballs, as they are my favourite, and whilst the portion was big, the taste was not as nice as other I have had in the past. The potato dish was also very poor and seemed to be cooked in the same sauce as the meatballs. I certainly would not recommend or return.

2  Thank 1Maz2018