1,571 results
All reviews outdoor pool burger king bowling alley kids club relaxation room an industrial estate changing rooms health club leisure facilities no lift would stay again great facilities first class north devon lovely hotel brend hotels high standard
Reviewed 31 October 2015

The hotel was perfect for our needs. Everything was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. Staff, without exception, were excellent and the food was delicious. Not the most picturesque setting, but we weren't concerned as just using it as a base.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Head Receptionist at Barnstaple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Thank you very much for your 5 star review.
We are delighted to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us.
I will pass on your lovely comments to our Management team.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

This is my second visit to The Barnstaple Hotel and both times the staff have been fantastic . The facilities are great and very family friendly .. Outdoor pool is amazingly warm and we even swam outside at the end of October . A great base for all the lovely local beaches too !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are delighted to hear that you have had another enjoyable visit to The Barnstaple Hotel, the unseasonably warm weather has especially made the outdoor pool very popular with our guests.
We hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Very helpful staff enjoyed a weekend break with the family. Food was excellent and facilities great. Would definitely recommend, especially for families. Outdoor heated pool was a real bonus. Great location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and recommendation.
It is lovely to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable weekend with us.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

This 3 star hotel has free on site parking. The front desk staff are very pleasant. The rooms are neat and equipped with TV, coffee and tea making facilities but no safe. The room is well heated. The bathroom consists of a shower/bath, wash hand basin and toilet. The toiletries are adequate. Overall the room and hotel are dated but comfortable. There is a heated indoor pool
And an outdoor pool.
WiFi is complementary through the hotel and is pretty good.
The dinner roast was pretty good and came with vegetables and Yorkshire pudding. It is well priced.
Our breakfast was included in the rates. It was buffet style. Eggs can be ordered and cooked by the chef. There was also sausage, bacon, baked beans, tomatoes and a selection of cereals and pastries.
One morning, there was no buffet and we had to order breakfast. I ordered an omelette and one sausage. They gave me 2 sausages. At checkout I noticed an extra £3/- had been added to my bill! When I queried it, I was told that it was the extras I ordered at breakfast! This can only be for the 1 sausage I ordered. Never mind they gave me 2 and charged £3/-! I should have been advised about the extra charge when I ordered the sausage. On principal I would not have ordered the sausage. On other mornings I can take as many sausages as I like without extra charge! This is poor practice. Charge £3/- for 1 sausage if you must, but warn your guests before you do. If you are ashamed of it, then don't charge.
So check your bill carefully in case you also have surprise charges!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikelima
BrendHotels, Head Receptionist at Barnstaple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are pleased to hear you found the hotel friendly and comfortable.
I have done some investigation into the £3 extra charge on your breakfast bill.
This was the supplement charge for the pancakes that you ordered from the breakfast menu, the charge would have been explained on the menu.
I apologise if you feel this was not explained to you when you queried it on your check out.
We do hope this will not deter you from choosing to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Friendly staff, good facilities and excellent food all lead to a relaxing stay. Have stayed on a few occasions and would recommend the hotel for its leisure facilities, especially the indoor and outdoor pools.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your 5 star review and recommendation.
We are delighted that once again you have had a very pleasant stay with us.
I will pass on your kind comments to our Management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.