“Vegan cake is great”
Review of Pastures Pantry

Pastures Pantry
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I looking for a cafe in Barrow and stumbled on this lovely veggie cafe. We only ordered drinks initially and must say my latte was very good. We then saw the cakes being displayed and ordered a chocolate ginger cake. We was told after devouring it that it was vegan friendly. It was absolutely superb. This is a lovely little cafe with nice staff. Deserves to do well.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Popped in for lunch while visiting my parents and was pleasantly surprised by this gem in a traditional, working class town.
Had the cauliflower curry with organic rice accompanied by a large mixed salad of kale, beans, feta, green leaves and beetroot.
Everything was well prepared and presented at a reasonable price for the size and quality. Free wifi and the best flat white I've had in a long time. Very helpful staff in a relaxing environment. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I was in Barrow for the day on business and at lunchtime decided to check out the Happy Cow app to see if there was anything vegetarian/vegan in the area. Not holding out much hope I was surprised to see that Pastures Pantry was only a few hundred yards away.
I enjoyed a vegetarian main and side salad (there was a choice of 4 of each, plus several other side dishes). My food was fresh, hot and tasty and home cooked. Although the home-made cakes looked tempting I decided against it, finishing off with a cinnamon coffee.
Good value and good ambience. An excellent find -far better than most big-city vegetarian fare.
Well done!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Warren123Sha
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Popped in today with family who are visiting from Chicago. A warm welcome and we were given a detailed run down of that days offerings. As an allergy sufferer it was so nice to be given accurate ingredient information. Lots of choice and everything looked yummy. Lovely clean and inviting seating area. We all enjoyed our meals. Fantastic customer service. ALL staff looked happy and were friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended and I will definitely be back. This place is a real find.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I've been here several times over the last few months - I'm a meat eater who loves a veggie option... this little spot is an amazing find! I particularly love the Chana Masala... oh, and chocolate and salted caramel cake! Amazeballs!!! Guys, please will you write a recipe book?

Date of visit: October 2017