we were staying in a cottage only to find out there had been a mix up of dates. Approaching 11pm I had to wake my 2 yr old daughter & ask my uncle & 77yr old grandmother to get dressed as the owners had found us 2 rooms at the Oakbank. They dropped us off as I had consumed alcohol & refused to drive anywhere. The owners told us the hotel they had found would cost us £40 each which I thought wasn't too bad & didn't expect to be charged for a 2yr old. As it turned out it cost us £200 for the single night for the 4 of us. The rooms were nice enough but not 5 star by any means, the dining room was very nice but the breakfast was a let down. Maybe the disappointment of what happened to us clouded my judgement but for me this hotel just isn't worth the money. The fact there was a dirty coffee cup in the room didn't help either, I don't mean just stained. Obviously the last guest had used one cup & it was still there with an inch of coffee in the bottom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities 150 metres away with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room multi gym and Spa. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District, England