Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 300
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 226
USD 166
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 325
USD 308
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 349/night.

Lonsdale House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 178
USD 118
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 159/night.

Fairfield Garden Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Free cancellation until 21/07
USD 114
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 138/night.

Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 322
USD 241
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 131
USD 98
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 168/night.

The Westbourne(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 139
USD 131
Agoda.com
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
USD 368
USD 338
1,309 results
All reviewsjacuzzi and saunabit datedbreakfast was buffet stylenew ownersweekend breakview of the lakecourse mealleisure facilitiestea and coffeecouldn't do enoughtown centrefull englishlakesfires
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Just returned after spending Halloween in the lakes. After reading some really bad re views about this hotel I was a bit worried about staying here but I was pleasantly surprised. The car park is only small and it took us a while to find a space but a member of staff came out to help. The hotel itself is very large and quite dated could do with a revamp especially the tvs in the room but overall had a good stay, the buffet breakfast was very nice and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would defo stay again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Joe P, Hotel Manager at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Tenerife 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. I hope to welcome you back to They Hydro very soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from this hotel. There are a lot of reviews that are negative. Yes there are a lot of repairs etc to be made but, that is going to come in time as it has new owners. We stayed for four night B and B and breakfast was so worth the money. We have stayed there before on half board,then there was a variety for the dinner menu. This time there was only 3. That was the only downside to it. I would defiantly go again. The staff were very good,they were friendly and polite. Thank you for a lovely stay all who work at the Hydro.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Eveazure

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning our hardworking staff. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

The management seem to be responding to negative feedback using the same template stating "they have identified certain areas for improvement and are going to invest in renovations" this may be well true but in the meantime guests are subjected to rooms in poor condition, dampand mouldy rooms making your clothes smell musky, it ruins books books that was brought newly overnight also services advertised were not provided I.e the television did not work, when the reception staff were queried about this we received different answers from different staff. I quote as of the 27th Oct 7.30pm"we are having difficulty with the TV on that side of the building, BT is coming to look at it tomorrow " the following day at 9 am " the TV has been down for a few days , sky are coming to fix it and the 29th at 7.45 we always get poor reception here,the transmitter on the hill has weak signal in poor weather. So which was true or is it all lies? The fact that they didn't tell us this when we booked in or offered any bkind of discount or compensation when we complained was poor. As far as the other facilities go the hotel is poorly labeled an the games room is in what looks like a no go zone poorly lite, and the snooker table is in a poor state and needs repair. We can't say what the pool and jaccuzi are like as we could not find them. The only positive is the buffet breakfast.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stephen W

Dear Stephen

I am sorry that your stay at The Hydro did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. As you mentioned in your review a complete refurbishment will be carried out in the next few months and all the issues that you mentioned will be addressed during the refurbishment. I hope that you will stay with us again once the refurbishment works have been completed, if you wish to discuss any aspect of your recent stay or the refurbishments works with me I would be happy to speak to you.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Where to begin? My husband and I booked a room in this hotel for the concluding night of what had previously been a romantic tour of the lakes. When we arrived we first noticed the dishevelled nature of the buildings exterior and a cramped car park. On entering to enquire about whether we needed a ticket to confirm our use of the car park, we were greeted by an incredibly brusque reply. Thinking nothing of it we left to explore the local area and check in at the required check in time of 3pm. On returning, we waited to check in and were given the key to our designated room. On entering the room we were struck by a stench that can only be described as a mixture of stale alcohol, damp and cheap air freshener. On closer inspection the room was tired, incredibly damp and made up with bedding that was badly stained. After sobbing a silent tear I went to discuss the horrendous and unsanitary nature of the room with the reception staff. They did not seem surprised and said they would move us to another room. This seemed kind enough, but we were unduly hesitant about accepting as the previous rooms state was so extraordinarily below habitable existence.

Whilst waiting for the room key, we then over heard another visitor complaining about the state of their room. The staff were less hospitable in dealing with this customers complaint, ending with the customer walking off quite upset. Unawares of our proximity we then over heard one receptionist boasting about the need to be "horrible to put these people in their place". After hearing this we were disgusted and wanted to leave but had been informed of the inability of gaining a refund. This left us with no choice but to look at the offered change of room. This room was bigger and less damp, however we were woken at 7am by housekeeping knocking on the door wanting to clean the room as they were informed by the reception that the room was empty. This intrusion occurred again 15 minutes later, just as we had settled back to sleep. We then decided to get up and go to breakfast. Breakfast started well and was a choice of cold and hot buffet. However, this was marred by the lack of bread or condiments. When I enquired about sauce, I was informed that they had run out, regardless of the fact that there was still 45 minutes of breakfast left. The staff then proceeded to get quite uppity and informed me that they had had a busy service, were poorly staffed and that it was my problem. Although a small matter the manner in which this was dealt with added to the numerous grievances that our stay at this hotel brought. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and I would recommend sleeping in your car instead of the unclean and unsanitary rooms on offer.

Thank you Hydro Hotel for ending our romantic break on such a depressing note that you almost erased all of the lovely memories created during the course of the preceding days. I wish you all the best in ensuring future guests are “put in their place”. We shall not be included in this list.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank corinney30

Dear Corinney

I am sorry to hear that your stay at The Hydro was such a disappointment and apologise for the comments that you overheard and for any discourtesy shown to you by any member of our staff. It is clear that we failed to reach the high standard that we set at The Hydro, I will speak to my team to ensure that this does not happen again. Please contact me as I am anxious to speak to you about your experience so that I can fully address the issues that you have raised.

As I am sure you are aware since purchasing the hotel recently, we have identified a number of areas for improvement and are just finalising plans for a significant investment into the hotel including the full refurbishment of rooms and the front of house areas which will be commencing within the next few months.

This is an exciting time for the hotel for as well as a refurbishment we will be adding new services to enhance your experience during your stay. We will be announcing our plans soon and we do hope you feel able to return and can experience first-hand the exciting changes we have made.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

A pleasant first floor room with two windows giving views of Windermere and across the lake to the Langdale PIkes.
Pleasant helpful staff always ready with a smile.
A good swimming pool and "jackoosi" with good associated changing and shower facilities.
Have been before and will go again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Joe P, Office Manager at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Pjhtigger

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We were delighted to welcome you back to the hotel and that you enjoyed your 4 night stay. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.