Lovely break, . The food was fine dining just like "master chef", and the service was excellent, all the staff were very helpful. Swimming pool only small but adequate. Room was smaller than expected, but had everything we needed, unfortunately it was a bit cluttered around the dresser with table and chairs, even though it was superior room. It overlooked the gardens, and you could just see the lake through the trees. Room 105.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District, England