Just got back from a one night stay & this fabulous hotel & spa , it was a treat for my husband on his birthday & itcouldn't have been better , we were upgraded to the executive double room & the views over the lake were beautiful !! Staff really helpful & friendly especially a young waiter who supported st Helens , my husband is a big rugby fan & enjoyed the banter with him :) the food was lovely , drinks a little expensive but only to be expected in the lakes , the spa treatments we had were wonderful too , if you want a relaxing tranquil break , book a stay in this hotel , you will not be disappointed !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District