1,658 results
All reviews lake view beautiful hotel main restaurant drawing room afternoon tea swimming pool buffet style lake district coffee machine course meal cream tea scones reception area high standard fantastic views car park my partner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is in a nice position but when you get close you can see things that need addressing I think we just didn't feel right the team was rushing around we walked around the hotel to see the nice decor staff asked us what we were doing so yes we didn't feel welcome the shower was blocked we had to fetch out a top of there shower gel that was blocking the flow discharge the water . I have a allergy which was disclosed yet served what I should not have .the blinds were not connecting so we had to fix them . The room was so hot we had to have the fan on all night I visit a lot of places as I take clients away and this is the first time I have ever had to write a review like this to end my trip I was asked to sit on a chair that was so stained and not nice to look at it put me of my last breakfast.i think it needs addressing as they have and will loose clients I have wasted a weekend and resources and have wrote a letter of disappointment.to head office.

Room Tip: Not a good experience
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank rocklee341
Bartosz_Kow, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ms Martin

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to read that your stay wasn't up to your expectations. During your stay you have never mentioned anything about the room, shower blocked or blinds or any other points as you did in your detailed review. In fact when I personally asked about your stay on the check-out you said it was all lovely...
Why did you not brought it to our attention during your stay? We are here for you, and we would even change or upgrade your room to make sure your stay is perfect.
Nevertheless your feedback is important and I will address your points where appropriate.
Thank you once again, and I hope that you would visit us again to have an excellent experience.

Bartosz Kowalski
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited this magnificent hotel set in one of the most beautiful places within the British Isles. We were overwhelmed by the decor, the food, the service and the view! As we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we pushed the boat out and were both lucky enough to stay in one of the four poster rooms, sadly three nights were not enough, we didn’t want to leave!
There was an issue in The Brasserie on the first evening of our stay. We had to wait half an hour for our starters and another forty minutes for our mains. Frustratingly, other guests arrived after us and were served quicker. However, after voicing our disappointment, this was remedied the following evening and all was well again. We will definitely return, but first we need to get over the six hour journey it took us to get back home. :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicjwright1
Bartosz_Kow, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear nicjwrigth1

Thank you for your lovely review and Happy Anniversary!
I am thrilled to read that your stay was enjoyable, especially in one of our best rooms. I am also happy that your dining experience was rectified quickly and your stay was one to remember.
I hope I can welcome you personally on your next visit?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here the night after our wedding back in 2015 in a room overlooking lake Windermere, it was absolutely stunning, a year later we came for a meal for our anniversary with family, everyone said how nice the food and service was. Came back may this year for afternoon tea and it was amazing, 100% recommended

Stayed: September 2018

Dear toni2902

Thank you for leaving such a nice feedback following another visit to our hotel.
We are all thrilled to read such a lovely words, and I look forwards to welcome you back again in near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not been here for some time but will definitely be back.
The position close to Bowness centre and near to the lake is fantastic.
As for the hotel, well it's absolutely fantastic where the ground floor spacious bedroom was brilliant, and the furnishings in the hotel are just great.
Also the meals are really good.
Can't speak too highly of this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear bronson152016

Thank you for your lovely feedback.
I am very happy to ready that your visit was enjoyable. I have passed your kind words to all our staff and I hope we can welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful hotel. And the views are amazing! Clean rooms, clean public toilets, grand enterance both sides. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing.
Would definitely stop here again with family and friends

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Happy Birthday Laura M!

Thank you for great feedback, I am thrilled to read such a nice review.
I hope we can welcome you back very soon!

All the best