On arrival in the car park my impression was of a Hotel that needed some TLC some of the wood seemed rotten and wires were trailing from the building. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered the building. The staff could not have been better, the views were tremendous and the location is perfect. The TV in our room was good and the Wifi worked well. The bathroom was dated but clean, the tiles had been painted and were fresh. The bathroom was extemely small though and so was the shower, no bath. Shame the fires downstairs were not real and our room was cold, a heater was provided when I asked at reception for one and this did warm our room up. The pool was large and pleasantly warm but could do with some TLC also. Decoration has obviously been carried out quite recently and the overall impression was that the Hotel is receiving investment but its going to take time. Some beautiful features and a treasure of a building. Really excellent helpful staff and extremely good value at £59 for 2 people bed and breakfast. Very happy with our choice and yes I would recommend to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Wotif.com, Cancelon and Odigeo so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District, England