All reviews hot tub on the balcony poolside bar spa building small cinema the penthouse family room buffet breakfast great spa swimming pool car park staff at reception cinema room lovely hotel hotel bar lake district high standard visited this hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Very fortunate to have a 2 night stay whilst our son was at camp. Arrived late Friday and ate in the bar. Burgers were amazing as were the fat chips! Nice bottle of wine, a lovely relaxing evening. We did notice, having been staying here for many years, that several of the familiar employees weren't here both in hotel reception and the spa.
At Breakfast the next day I ordered a hard egg, the waiter, who's English wasn't great, thought I wanted haddock, eventually I thought we agreed on the egg. After waiting 15 minutes my egg didn't appear, I asked another waiter, again not great English but I did eventually get my egg and it was great, but my husband had finished eating some 15 minutes ago.
We visited the spa pool which is fantastic, but today was very crowded, unlike we have seen before. The pool was cold so much so I got straight out. Went to reception to tell them and they said there's a manager in the spa you should speak to him, wasn't going back to the spa in the rain just wanted to make reception aware. A guy behind reception says the temperature is correct it's tested regularly and we can prove it. Prove it?? What a strange response and I said so. I didn't want to get into an argument about the water temperature and unsure what the charts said but customers, not just us, thought it was cold this should be a good indication. As good an indicator as a chart, I think so. I would have been happy with very sorry we'll look into this.
Come on Burnside get those standards back up please. Staff that can understand and communicate with customers, and are not confrontational. Been staying here for years and usually love the place, renovations and location .

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sara7342014
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This is my 6th time at the Burnside. The hotel has been renovated and drastically improved in the last 4 years or so. Fabulous spa with glowing blue lagoon pool complemented by spa pools and cold plunge pools. There's 2 lovely bars and a cinema too. Beautiful lake views from the newly refurbished bar. Dog friendly which is great because I love spending time with people's pooches. I had a hot tub room again. Highly recommended if you can afford it. Hot tubs are outside on a very large balcony overlooking the lake. Particularly nice at night when the hit tub can be lit up and you can look at the moonlit lake. Comfortable room with big TV and luxurious bathroom with walk in shower

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located good to the lake, we stayed in room 350 wed to fri, the room was clean but small and the shower was awful just trickled out and it felt like an attic room.

We also had a on site wood chipper start outside our window at 9am which was very loud.

There was parking at right outside the wheelchair access and building supplies left in a bay which made getting in and out the building a problem with a pram, we didn't take up breakfast though because to charge an extra £12.95 per person on the day of check in to me is a rip off as there is a costa around the corner.

Pool was very nice and my daughter loved it.

Overall I would say £235.00 for two nights room only was a little expensive for this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mickgeldy23
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Well this is a nice hotel and the spa is amazing we mainly picked this place because of the spa and we were not disappointed with what was on offer they only slight negative was the room was very very small but the room was spotless just way to small and it was a very hot weekend so it was just to hot in the room at night

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank priority86
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not worth the money, booked a relaxing weekend away. Paid for the room with a hot tub, really lovely room. But getting disturb by people coming and going in neighbouring rooms.

The check in staff very rude, not at all welcoming. A wedding was being held at same time and certain parts of hotel ended up being closed to us.

The pool is lovey, but I booked two treatments and while in the room all I could here was pool noise all the way through, not relaxing.

It is getting refurbished and looks very run down in areas. Not worth the high price tag, as you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple