“Lovely food;lovely drinks; a bit slow!”
Review of Cappello Lounge

Cappello Lounge
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We went in the glorious sunshine so all the front was opened up. We sat in the window and basked with large gins. Burgers on the specials for both of us and they were lovely. Bar service was pretty slow though or we’d have stayed longer.

Date of visit: July 2018
Cappello l, General Manager at Cappello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hi Haberdashery,

thank you for your recent review and feedback, we will take it on board and aim to improve our service time for your next visit!! were glad you managed to visit when the sun was out and made use of our bi folding doors and windows.

hope to see you again soon

Jeremy Di Luca

Reviewed 17 July 2018

We booked a table for Sunday brunch, asking for a nice table as it was to celebrate a birthday. On entering, we were ignored by several members of staff. When we hunted one out, we were told we could sit anywhere - no table had been reserved for us.
The décor was somewhat of a mish-mash, with industrial lighting next to wall lights from the 1960s/70s. The furniture was quite Spartan. The walls were interesting, though, covered in lots of framed pictures in a wide variety of styles.
I ordered a chicken, bacon and avocado salad. There was very little chicken and I had to hunt for the avocado. It comprised a dish of mainly green leaves saturated with oil.
For desert I selected the sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. It arrived with chocolate sauce, which I hate, and was swimming in a sea of melted ice cream. Another member of our party was assured by the waitress that her sundae would not have melted ice cream, but she ended up drinking it. The waitress gave some weird excuse about them being busy the previous night, but we did not understand how this caused the ice cream to melt.
Needless to say, we will not be making a return visit.

Date of visit: July 2018
Cappello l, General Manager at Cappello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hi Canaryfan13,

firstly I would like to appologise that you felt you had a bad experience with us on your recent visit, May I please confirm the booking name and date so I can investigate this further for you? its evident we havent lived up to our usual standards if you could please contact me on 01782 638 356 to discuss the matter futher.

I would very much like for you to visit again so we can redeem ourselves!!

Kindest Regards

Jeremy Di Luca

Reviewed 10 July 2018

a really exceptional decorated place, successfully passing on me a feeling of youthful and cool style. I liked the music which supported my positiveness. The food was lovely.I gem in the centre of the town.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank DESPOINA M
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for a meal for two, they offer vegetarian food, I have the pulled jackfruit burger

Reasonably priced with friendly staff, probably the fourth time I’ve been here, with several options to choose from

1  Thank markelock1974
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I love this place!

Great cocktails, super chilled, board games at the bar, staff are amazing and friendly, really good relaxing place to meet with friends and family.

Awesome food! Loads of choice for vegans and vegetarians, amazing brunches, great tapas and all the halloummi you could dream of. Legit, #bargoals.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank hayleycatmur

hayleycatmur its great to see you love the place as much as we do!! hope to see you again soon

Cappello Team x