“Returned for more - more than once!”
Review of Bert's

Bert's
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2015

We've brought friends here and my ever-hungry youngest son and each time, gone away nicely full and keen to return in the future. Bert's is in a great position for the cinema or an early meal before hitting the Bridge St Ale House and other real ale establishments in town, after a Continental selection.

I've repeated my choice of lamb burger, which was just as good, had the beef stew and steak & kidney pie twice - all very tasty and filling! The pie, with its proper pastry, not 'exploding' pastry. was most excellent! My son has had 'The Beast', which I thought that he'd not manage, but he did and the bratwurst, pie and hot dog have also been chosen and enjoyed by my companions.

I can certainly recommend the peanut butter and chocolate milk shake... mmm!

The bottled ale selection continues to be tried and we shall return for other evening meals.

One of the days, I'll sample the breakfast offerings - the photos on here look as tempting as the first time I saw them!

I rave about Bert's evening menu to anyone who'll listen! Keep up the good work guys :-)

Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

Went in last night for our first visit just to try somewhere new. A friendly welcome greeted us and the news burgers were two for the price of one on Wednesday. It was one of the nicest burgers I have had in a longtime. Great selection of Belgian beers. Great value too. Will be back very soon.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Called in here a few months ago and have been back frequently ever since.
Food is AMAZING!
Variety of beers are great.
Staff are down to earth and don't mind having a chat and a laugh with you. They speak to you like human beings not like robots.
This place is a great find and would recommend it to anyone and everyone...make sure you check out the specials. Always good.

1  Thank Sandy G
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We nearly walked passed this Restaurant, but we stopped and looked in, and I am glad we did. An exceptional find indeed. The service is fantastic and the food was lovely and big portions too. The staff are very friendly and I would recommend a visit here.

1  Thank Anthony J
Reviewed 27 March 2015

came here for some lunch the restaurant was a bit on the chilly side the tables were clean and service was fine i had the burger and it tasted great would call again