“"Good ValueBreak"”

Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here as we were visiting Alton Towers . Booked two rooms, (stay one night get one night free offer), so very good value. Rooms okay a little small, but did the job perfectly. Our rooms were quite a walk from the restaurant, but did not find it a big problem. Breakfast was excellent, really good selection and lots of it.. We ate in the restaurant both nights and found the food to be of a good quality and plentiful, in fact on the second night we asked for items not on the menu and these were provided without any fuss. Maybe a little expensive, but both the children ate for free and our meals for a group of five averaged 35.00 a night. Really helpful staff throughout the hotel , would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Wendy S, Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent and for posting your review.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our hospitality when dinning in our restaurant., your feedback regarding the hotel team was very much appreciated

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting the area.

Kindest Regards
Wendy Salmon

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Chose th e Holiday Inn for cheap bed and breakfast for a two night stay whilst visiting Alton Towers. It's about 30 mins from the theme park and just mins away from the M6 making it very accessible.
The room was excellent with a made up soda bed for the two girls. Breakfast was excellent good choice from buffet with all you can eat.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Good swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and gym all available to use on site.
Booked 21 days in advance and paid in full which meant a big discount. Kids stay and eat for free.
Hotel restaurant good but a bit pricey but given we didn't pay much for room it didn't matter.
Highly recommended and will be returning again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards
Wendy Salmon

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, which was close by to the family we were visiting that night. The service was absolutely excellent. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, bed was comfortable. We asked for a room away from the motorway, which is exactly what we got. We would definately stay in this hotel again...really enjoyed it. Thank you to the guy in the bar area on the Friday night, was very friendly, ordered us a pizza which was delivered and he brought it to our room for us...outstanding service! Just one teeny tiny complaint....the red wine behind the bar should be served at room temp...not from the fridge! But apart from that...fab stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the motorway!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wendy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments onto Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to the Holiday inn Stoke on Trent.

I was very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and a member of our team went that extra mile by ordering you a pizza and delivering it personally. .

I will ensure that your comments are passed onto my team.

Thank you very much once again, and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed here for one night found the girl at the door a bit weird and felt like she was a sales assistant waiting to pounce on me as I walked in. Check in very helpful and even changed my mistake. Room comfortable and clean. Bathroom is OK for one but clean.
The food was minuet potions for the price. £5 for a spring roll stuffed with lamb, £15 for a plate of mash and a pork belly 10cm square, £14 for what was 2 spoon full of beef chilli with more kidney beans than beef a pile of white rice and about 6 tortillas. Guinness and Boddingtons not great for tap beers, headed to bed knowing I could stuff my face in the morning.
Slept well no noise from M6 as the hotel is set in trees that will help muffle the noise.
Didn't use the pool or gym but was asked by reception if I was going to so assume was open.
Standard buffet breakfast with bread heater or burnt toast if you put it in again.
So cant fault the room or breakfast just the dinner food size wouldn't pay more than I did for the room wish I had just drove the extra to the express alone the road and had a proper sized meal at an other restaurant/pub.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests good or bad to ensure that our high standards are retained.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. I can assure you that I have noted the points which you raised, and your comments have been shared with my Head Chef, I am sorry that you t did not find the portion size adequate.

I was glad to see that you had a comfortable nights sleep and a good breakfast. to start the day.

Once again, thank you for your response and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Stoke-on-Trent in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here only because it was one of the nearest hotels to Keele University which is where my daughter is studying. Because we were out and about most of the time, it was a reasonable place to stay but I was certainly not too impressed with the room which was very tired in its decor. The bathroom was a bit grotty if you looked too closely and flooded very easily if you did not take enough care placing the shower curtain. I would certainly not recommend staying here unless it was a necessity - we will be looking elsewhere for accommodation if we decide to visit again. Very disappointing considering breakfast was not even included.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for rooms on higher floors - we were down the stairs from reception and the r...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback good or bad from our guests to ensure that our high standards are retained.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the standard of hotel and the facilities available, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have been caused. I can assure you that I have noted the points which you raised,concerning the condition of the bathroom.

Once again, thank you for your response

regards

Wendy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle-under-Lyme
3.8 km away
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
3.3 km away
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham

Been to Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6? Share your experiences!