Lowest prices for your stay
USD 77
Hotels.com
USD 76
USD 76
eDreamsUSD 76
Orbitz.comUSD 76
TravelocityUSD 76
All reviews mr sheikh birthday party ostler restaurant king room christmas lunch wedding reception wedding breakfast evening reception food was lovely bridal suite went smoothly function room wedding venue my mum great night staff were excellent the hotel manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2021

Mr sheikh has been amazingly helpful today to myself and my brother who is going through a tough time at the minute, and after spending two nights on the street I wasn’t having any luck finding a hotel untill I called the borough arms hotel , mr sheikh has generously let him stay at the hotel for a very affordable price during the pandemic, I’m very greatful and 100% recommend this hotel.
The staff are also very pleasant.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2021

After needing a room last minute we were welcomed with open arms to The Borough Arms. Mr Sheikh was more than accommodating and ensured we had everything we needed during our stay. All the staff were very friendly and the room was just what we needed. A huge thank you again. We will definitely be using again soon whilst we go through a house move. Thank you

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2020

Me and my partner said here for Christmas and what a fantastic stay, they are so pleasant and can't thank them enough for making us both welcome would definitely come here again, the manager was so polite and very welcoming.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2020

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on 14/15th December due to him having an operation at North Staffs University Hospital. I have to say that from the moment we booked in we had impeccable service. Nothing was too much trouble, and all concerned went above and beyond their duty. The owner was very much hands on and always referred to you by name and took a personal interest so much so that you felt extremely welcome. We went as guests but came away as friends which was totally awesome. I would highly recommend this hotel without hesitation as we received first class service during our stay. We stayed in the annexe which was most suited to our needs and felt very safe and secure . This hotel is also walking distance from the town centre and 5 mins car/taxi to the North Staffs Hospital. All in all a most wonderful experience which was faultless.

Room tip: If stairs are a problem then the annexe definitely suits your needs
Reviewed 16 December 2020 via mobile

So I was lucky this month when I asked my taxi driver to take me to a hotel in Newcastle and ended up at the Borough Arms Hotel. While other establishments were closed due to COVID the Borough Arms welcomed me with open arms, well, at a safe distance! Before long I was shown to a self-contained apartment in the hotel’s Annex. This had an en-suite bath/shower and comfortable single bed with tea and coffee on hand. After a short while Tim, the maintenance guy supplied me with a portable heater in case I got cold.

My appreciation goes out to the hotel manager, Mr Sheikh, who always managed to find time to answer my questions and help with emails and printing.

Trip type: Travelled solo