1,005 results
All reviews wave machine roller skating dry ski slope bed lodge swimming pool dorchester lodge ski centre fishing lake woodland setting soft play saw deer evening entertainment nature trail holiday park washer dryer lovely lodge monkey world
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have just returned from our third holiday and were so dissapointed to see how poorly maintained the lodges have become! We have stayed in 3 different lodges and loved our first 2 holidays but we will not be returning again. To our horror we saw rats on our veranda literally inches from our room as we ate dinner and despite many complaints we saw no evidence of any efforts to resolve the issues. I complained to reception with another guest who made the same complaint yet returned home that night and within 2 minutes saw another 2 rats outside our lodge. Other guests have also complained and despite responses on Trip Advisor that the problems are addressed quickly we saw no evidence of any attempts to treat the issues during our stay. The lack of maintenance is obvious on many lodges and ours had numerous issues including:-
- Door frame partly rotten with badly rotted wood around frame with insecure door handle
- Heater in lounge in poor condition and heater in corridor did not work.
- Bedroom door had hole in it and bed was extremely uncomfortable.
- Room not cleaned from previous guests and food left on floor which was not cleaned.
- Ski Slope dirty and barely used.
- Many lodges not painted or treated recently which showed a lack of investment in basic maintenance.
- The lake in the Nature Trail is covered in brown silt and the water can barely be seen. We complained about this last year but nothing has been done. We know leaves and debris fall into the water but there is clearly no maintenance programme to keep the water as clear as possible. This is so disappointing as this was previously a highlight of our trip.

I certainly do not enjoy holidays where we had paid to upgrade to higher specification accommodation yet had so many issues. We have loved coming to Warmwell with our family for the last 3 years but sadly we not be returning.

1  Thank Surprise81
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Warmwell Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Please accept my sincere apologies you found issues in the accommodation, I do wish you had made us aware at the time so we could have had offered a solution for you. I will certainly pass on your feedback onto our House Keeping Manager so she can review, Your feedback is important to us as it gives us the opportunity to make changes and enhance our guests experience so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Our park has an abundance of wildlife roe deer, squirrels, ducks etc., unfortunately with these comes some unwanted wildlife. We do control this, with pest control visiting the site when needed.

Cheryl-warmwell

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time here at warmwell dont think I'll be returning any time soon!
We stayed in a 3 bedroom lodge .
Even tho Only 4 adults and 1 infant 3 months.
Lodge was ok but nothing special a bit of mould in bathroom!
It did have a washer dryer and a dishwasher but had too buy own tablets for dishwasher.
We was enjoying it for all of 1hr until we seen a rat!
10 mins later we sore another one then some more the we had to rush n close the door as two came onto the patio that was it sit not want door open any more!
We did pick this park for wild life but not for the amount of vermin that was around the lodges.
We was in lodge 181 and was very disappointed in the amount of rats about need too sort it out before I or family members return in future!
Didn't get to sample entertainment as was too far away from were our lodge was!
So in all not impressed with the warmwell site!

1  Thank woottyuk1

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us. Our park has an abundance of wildlife roe deer, squirrels, ducks etc., unfortunately with these comes some unwanted wildlife. We do control this well, with pest control visiting the site when needed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first impressions were great, the walk to the entertainment was far and up hill but we thought we could take the car if we really needed to so this wasn’t much of a problem.
We arrived at our lodge which again on first impressions was really nice and clean, then I entered the bathroom to find black mould over the bath panel and after taking a shower realised that the shower screen is a waste of time the floor is flooded from underneath the shower screen. Hence the mould forming.
Then closer look at the bedrooms the paper is pealing off the walls and cob webs in the corners. Also the beds seemed a little damp at night times even after having the heating on.

Then on our second day on return to the lodge we saw a rat run from under our lodge. We thought o it’s just one we are in the woods.
How wrong was we there was loads! Chasing each other coming up on our decking. This meant we didn’t feel comfortable sitting out on the decking or leaving any doors open.
Iv stayed in loads of holiday camps in the woods where there is other wildlife and I have never seen any rats before.
The staff just blame it on the woods and other wildlife and say they get pest control in, but there is no sign of this.

I didn’t think we will be returning or recommending this site to friends or family.

1  Thank Kw6811

Hi there,

Please accept my sincere apologies you found the accommodation damp, I do wish you had made us aware at the time so we could have had offered a solution for you. I will certainly pass on your feedback onto our House Keeping Manager so she can review. Your feedback is important to us as it gives us the opportunity to make changes and enhance our guests experience so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Our park has an abundance of wildlife roe deer, squirrels, ducks etc., unfortunately with these comes some unwanted wildlife. We do control this, with pest control visiting the site to replace traps etc.

Cheryl – Warmwell

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very disappointing holiday. I was looking forward to a staying in one of the woodland lodges. I thought that the accommodation was acceptable but I did not like the rats that were in abundance all around the lodge. I was terrified to sit outside and I couldn’t leave the patio door open because of the rats running over the decking area outside. I understand that there is other wildlife to consider but I don’t think that it is acceptable in this day and age for vermin in such a large number. It completely ruined my holiday.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear however that this ruined your stay.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Warmwell in July .. what a great time weather was great for our visit but best of all was our cabin OMG it was amazing 5star 4 bedrooms 2 en suite super large tv Beautiful kitchen and dining room .. great staff brilliant entertainment ... would well recommend

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Spakado

Hi there,

Wow 5 stars, what a lovely review!

We do have some amazing lodges here at Warmwell and I am so pleased you found one you love. It is amazing to hear you found the staff to be brilliant this does mean a lot to us to hear such positive feedback so thank you for taking the time to review our park and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.