All reviews premier room coach driver self drive paid extra for a sea view night porter a sea view room restaurant staff visited this hotel weekend break games room breakfast and dinner coach holiday flat screen tv great weekend evening entertainment portland bill fruit juice
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Revisit after a couple of years. Sea view room, spacious, clean. All staff friendly, helpful and cheerful. Wonderful food, much improved to previous stays. Chef has raised the culinary standard and is an asset to Bay Hotel and Shearings.

I was presented with a gluten free menu to meet my dietary needs and was pleasantly surprised with the choice of meals.

Cannot fault it. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Access good, lifts to all floors. Corner/end rooms are best.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at The Royal Hotel. All of our team members pride themselves on the service they provide and it will be my pleasure to pass on your kind words to them.

I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Royal Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The public areas of the hotel have been refurbished and also some of the rooms. However, we found ourselves in a dingy, very small double room with seaside view (50 pounds extra.) I was disappointed with the room, I can accept the decor but I really cannot abide dirty bathrooms with dirty toilets and have mouldy shower mats that looked as though they hadn't been cleaned or changed since I don't know!
The breakfast food was ok, though they frequently ran out of eggs. The dinner was average, again they ran out of various foods and the portions were small. The staff waiting on tables were good but run off their feet, need more staff.
I would not recommend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank charles graham m

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your valuable feedback. I am extremely disappointed and sorry to hear of your experience with us and can assure you this is not to our usual high standards. Should you have reported any of the issues you experienced during your stay one of our friendly staff would have rectified them immediately. I have taken your comments on board and will be looking into the issues you have raised. I do hope you will consider visiting us again and hopefully we can exceed your expectations this time.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Beautiful looking hotel on sea front close to Weymouth shopping centre but then it all falls down.
Breakfast food luke warm, evening dinner was disgusting, after 2 nights we had dinner elsewhere.
Room was very small and grubby, double bed had two hollowed out body imprints. Cleaner was disapointing too after her visit, room still grubby and dirty cups left in room, went to reception to change them and she gave me dirty cups back. On telling her they were dirty too, she blamed the pot wash machine which concerned me on how clean were other pots and utensils being used.
The corridor on our bedroom floor had a terrible smell of bleach trying to cover up other unpleasant smells.
Felt sorry for the staff, all appeared to be different nationalities but nice and friendly.
Would not send my dog to this hotel. Such a waste of a lovely building.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David B

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your valuable feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience here with us and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. This certainly does not reflect our high standards and thorough cleanliness. We receive many compliments on our levels on cleanliness so I am shocked to hear your claims and I am currently looking into them. I hope to welcome you back for a more enjoyable stay in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

What a fantastic position on the sea front and a stone's throw from the town. Lovely welcome,and staff generally seemed very good. Our room wasn't great.... very tired and at the back of the Hotel. Only worth part of what we paid for it!! Food was only ok compared to other Shearings Hotels.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SUSAN N
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us and for your valuable feedback. It is lovely to hear that you found the position fantastic and the staff very good. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the food and accommodation. I assure you this is not to our usual high standards. I do wish you would have reported it whilst you were here and we would have rectified this immediately for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back should you return.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely holiday as always , food in the evenings was not up to usual standard ,so we ate out most evenings ,breakfast was great / self-service . Staff at this hotel are lovely ,that is the reason we go back ,friendly service always with a smile , nothing is to much trouble . .The Hotel has been / is going through refurbishment and looking lovely .
Would we go back for 6th visit to Bay Royal , YES ! Sometime next year hopefully

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RoyalManager, Manager at Bay Royal Weymouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay us and for your valuable feedback. It is lovely to hear that you had a lovely holiday and also found the staff lovely. I have passed your kind comments onto our hard working staff. I do apologise that you did not find the food up to our usual standard. I do wish you would have reported this and given us a chance to rectify this during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.