“Little 'oasis'”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Fintastic - CLOSED

Aqua Fintastic
More attraction details
Owner description: West Dorsets First Unisex Salon Exclusively for 'Dr Fish' Treatments. The Ultimate organic pedicure or manicure using Garra Rufa Fish. Newly refurbished by popular demand to include your other favorite treatments; we now offer Manicures, Pedicures, Massage, Spray tan, Acrylic nails, Waxing and Tinting all in the comfort of our beautiful oriental styled salon. Relaxation is the 'mantra' word here, so if you are in hurry you'll have to let us know. We are open late nights for private parties - for any Occasion, you can bring a small buffet and cake for the occasion and bring your own 'tipple' - we'll throw in a bottle or two to get your party started. Treatments packages are entirely to suit your requirements. We also offer Our services for Pamper parties at home - Teens, Prom or Whole Family. Styled, makeover and photo's. Ring for a quote: What about 'Girls night in - manicures, pedicures, waxing, spray tan and massage - and we'll come to you ?
Dorchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Little 'oasis'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I regularly frequent Aqua Fintastic for a variety of their treatments and each time am impressed with the ambience and tranquillity of this little 'oasis', tucked away in the heart of Weymouth town centre. The owner is friendly and welcoming and always does her utmost to put me and her other clients at ease and ensure their experience is relaxing and comfortable. I especially enjoy the fish spas since I too am a nurse and consequently suffer from sore feet as I am on them all day long. Would highly recommend to anyone who fancies a treat or just respite from a long day.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Linda D

weymouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect.............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have been to Aqua Fintastic on a couple of occasions, Not once have I been disappointed! I love the treatments on offer, The staff are more than freindly and welcoming!! The surroundings are very tranquil and spotlessly clean. Today there was a child who popped in to see her nanny on her birthday whilst she was in having her birthday treat! this child was unhappy and the mother said she was poorly, Not once did the owner moan or was rude instead offered very practical advice for aiding the recovery of the child when the mother has mentioned what the child was suffering from. (the owner is a Pediatric nurse!). So to be honest I really dont believe the last comment made!!!!
I would reccomend Aqua Fintastic to everyone............ Go on treat yourself :)

Visited April 2012
1 Thank vempyre
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A brilliant retreat hidden away.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is a fabulous place hidden away.

We found this by accident and I visit Weymouth weekly.

The surroundings are peaceful, sophisticated and spotlessly clean.

The fish's welfare was high on priority and come to mention it, so was mine.

The foot massage was and the relaxed and professional staff made the whole experience a pleasure.

Would highly recommend to any one

3 Thank Katykate1
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Treat for Feet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The treatment was excellent, and the feel of the little fish nibbling away at the dry skin was very pleasurable, didn't tickle at all. The salon looked clean and tidy. The fish looked healthy and there were enough tanks to give the fish a decent rest between clients. The downside and the reason I have not been back is that the owner talks too much, usually about her own problems, which when you have heard them for the second time! it gets a bit boring. Clients go to these places to chill out, relax, have a bit of 'me' time and the staff should appreciate that and leave clients in peace. I would definitely recommend the actual treatment

Visited June 2011
4 Thank DorsetGirl_11
Weymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

decided to try out the new fad of the fish pedicure after studying animal care at college and covering the new practice. I will be honest I was a little dubious of the effectiveness of the treatment to start with, but there is no question of the quality.
we dropped in out of the blue and booked an appointment for 2pm, the staff were already very friendly and welcoming.
upon returning we were ushered to one of the seating areas, and removed our socks and shoes. the friendly assistant checked our feet over, making sure that they were okay to go in with the fish. after the check we had our feet washed and it was into the tanks.
being a guy, and a ticklish one at that, it wasn't the easiest thing to go ahead and do, but I am so glad I did. the fish do tickle a little bit, but the sensation is different from a tickle, and is more tingly and pleasant we had our 20 minutes in the tank, and an extra 5 minutes while some other customers were taken care of.
after that our feet were dried and we were taken over to receive our leg and foot massage, as well as a complimentary drink. the staff are incredible easy to talk to and experts at their craft, and the fish work brilliantly at making feet soft and smooth. I wasn't expecting my soles to be as soft as they are now, and the treatment is definitely worth it.
and after 20 minutes in the tank and a relaxing foot massage with foot cream, it only came to £15, which topped off the day perfectly.
overall there is no way to beat the quality and atmosphere of the salon, and even though it seems to be an effeminate thing to do, it is perfect or guys as well. well worth the visit, and I will definitely be going again!

Visited September 2011