“4 hours of local knowledge, enthusiasm, and great views. Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurassic Safari

Jurassic Safari
Ranked #17 of 71 things to do in Weymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Sit back, relax and enjoy Dorset's spectacular scenery and wildlife on a Land Rover safari, venturing into areas only accessible with a 4x4 vehicle. Your guide will share some fascinating local history and a few quirky Dorset tales along the way. Refreshments, including homemade baked goods, are offered on every safari. Our aim is to leave you with unforgettable memories of the countryside and coast line which makes Dorset so special.
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“4 hours of local knowledge, enthusiasm, and great views. Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

What a great way to spend an afternoon. We booked the trip based on TripAdvisor reviews. And they were correct. Gary's local insight, knowledge and friendly enthusiasm made for a wonderful trip. Born and bred local farmers boy- both his and Carol's family have farmed the area for generations and he had plenty of anecdotes and stories to tell based on the places we saw. Carol made heart shaped (Valentine's Day) flapjacks for our cuppa's at the blustery Heaven's Gate viewpoint- lovely touch. Good value for money. Book it!

Visited February 2012
4 Thank T T

Derby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see Dorset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We went on the safari with friends and had the most interesting, informative and fun day. Gary, our guide, couldn't have been more helpful and took us to places of outstanding beauty and interest which we would never have otherwise seen. His family connections and local farming background meant Gary had lots of entertaining local stories and points of inerest to share. Top picnic on top of the world at Heavens Gate!!!!!!!!

Visited December 2011
3 Thank alichris64
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We couldn't have wished for a better day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We booked the Purbeck Safari and took two friends. Before the trip, I made my original enquiry via email. Carol was extremely quick to respond and friendly. She helped me to make a decision on which safari would suit us best. The day before the Safari, Carol got in touch to confirm the arrangements.

The safari itself was lovely. We were very lucky with the weather, it was cold but dry and clear so we saw some amazing views. We also learnt loads of interesting things. Gary was a wealth of knowledge on local history, wildlife and farming. He also regaled us with stories of family connections and events in the area, which gave an added dimension and meaning to the trip. My husband and I have lived in Dorset for two years and really enjoyed learning more about the county we now live in. Our visitors were not from Dorset, but said they enjoyed the trip just as much.

We ordered the picnic lunch, which was home made and plentiful. The men in the party spoke particularly highly of Carol's mince pies!

We couldn’t have wished for a better day. I certainly hope to do the Hardy safari one day.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Bomanda
Chester, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Amazing local knowledge.....and nothing is too much trouble !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I booked this safari for me and hubby when we were in Dorset in August 2011. Unfortunately I had to cancel as the weather was appalling on the morning on the safari - and no, I'm not a 'fair weather tourist' - this was the day Bournemouth flooded !! Anyway, I called Gary up and he was ok about this - he really was. He suggested that we re-schedule the safari for the Saturday as he was fully booked until then - even though he doesn't work on Saturdays !!! Hubby and I had Gary all to ourselves and it was amazing, magical and something we will never forget. I loved the Purbeck hills before - I love them even more now that I know all the 'secret' places to go....thanks so much to you both for being so patient and accommodating. Loved it, loved it, loved it !!!!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank zany_janey
DANBURY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“beautiful Dorset.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

A well worth trip through the heartland of Dorset. Gary shared his his knowledge of the history and wild life of the area and kept up our interest throughout the morning even though the weather was not kind to us. . A mid morning tea break with Carol's delicious fruit cake is something else to look forard to.
John and Tess Danbury