Seaspray Guest House
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Excellent 5/5
All reviewssea sprayfull englishfresh fruitguest housesea viewb bfamily roomnothing is too much troublefried breadcooked breakfastfantastic stayfeel very welcomeplenty of tea coffeelovely couplehome from homefantastic hostsweymouth sea front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked a 3 night stay over new year and could not fault it. The view from our room was stunning we even left the window open at night so we could hear the sea. While Paul directed us to park Diane arranged for a hot drink on our arrival. breakfast each morning was excellent with a very good selection on offer. Diane and Paul did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable including breakfast much later on New Years Day to give us time to recover from our night of partying. Would highly recommend a stay

Room Tip: Seaview room is a must
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jab6635
Reviewed 1 January 2012

What an Amazing place to stay. We were lucky enough to stay at Paul & Diane's for New Years eve 2011. We arrived and Paul moved his car so we could park our car out side the Seaspray, Yes you read it right, Paul moved his car so we could park out on the front, when our friends arrived Diane went to show them where to park. What nice people.
We were shown to our room (4), which was VERY CLEAN and compact and given some info on where to go in Weymouth. Breakfast was FANTASTIC, morning pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt's and then THE FULL ENGLISH, all freshly cooked and served on hot plates.When asked if we needed anything else, I jokingly said "a cider would be nice" 2 mins later Paul puts a can of cider in front of me. Of course I didn't drink it but it is in Pauls nature to give someone any thing they require whilst staying with him. After a chat, off we go to walk off breakfast and we needed to walk it off.
Later that evening when we came down in our fancy dress outfits, Paul kindly took some pics for us and sent us on our way.
New Years day breakfast was even better than the day before, cold meats, continental cheeses, pastries, berries, yoghurt and The Full English, thank you and well done Diane.
As we were late back, we were told we didn't need to check out until 3pm, as we had to drive home and he didn't want us to drive over the limit, nice touch, thanks.
As hosts you wont find any better, NOTHING is too much trouble ( read some previous comments) for Paul & Diane, a lot of hoteliers could do with staying at the Seaspray to learn some customer service.
We will recommend this little diamond to our friends and family.If we ever got to Weymouth again, guess where we will be staying????????

Thank you both for a great stay. Simon & Jan

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SimonandJano
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Had a great stay here while on a diving trip from London. Room 1 had a perfect view of the sea. Paul is great host and the breakfast hits the spot. Would defo stay in this place again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed for one night ( that was my only mistake, I really wished it was longer) ! I had my two children with me 11 and 6 years old, they loved the room and the fantastic sea view. Everything was clean and bright. The breakfast was perfect ! ..... The fresh fruit is a brilliant idea , and there was so much choice. I liked the fact we could check in so early as we were using this is a base for two days worth of trips around the area. Parking was free outside the B&B and I didnt have any trouble finding space for my car. I will be staying here again without a doubt. I also want to say that apart from at breakfast (briefly) and picking our keys up we didnt see much of paul or diane but they seemed very friendly and should be very proud of all the hard work they obviously put into their business as I have read many reviews on all different sites and they are all outstanding.

Room Tip: Bring larger towels for use after shower as ones provided are very small.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here for two separate nights(going and coming from the channel isles) Paul the owner was very help full and friendly.The place is well located for the train station and the ferry crossing.

Bright clean rooms and a great breakfast cooked by Paul's wife Diane.I am a registered blind traveller and felt save at this Bed and Breakfast.We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple