“A little gem”

The Cafe Leon
Ranked #14 of 93 Restaurants in Driffield
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Haven’t been here in years. Was pleasantly surprised. Tucked away upstairs and very busy. Had pot of tea and bacon and cheese melt. My friend had the big breakfast. Both were very nice. Good service and plenty to chose from on the menu. The only small thing that bothered me was the tables didn’t seem big enough for 4 people to eat at.No room for thier teapot so pots etc,went on the window sill next to our table with their left overs . Wasn’t nice to look at them but I could see why they did it. I loved the busy atmosphere here so will definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

If I could rate this cafe anymore I would. I have never experienced customer service like it. It was outstanding. I use to come to this cafe as a child for there famous knickerbocker glories. Haven’t been for years. So me and fiancé thought we would take a trip down. I got informed they don’t sell knickerbocker glories anymore. She could tell on my face I was heartbroken. She went to the shop and made me the most amazing one ever. I cannot thank her enough. An amazing women!!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

It was a horrible snowy day today in Driffield but we had the most delicious Afternoon Tea prepared by Joy and her staff to celebrate our friends birthday and we forgot about the snow. One friend who said that she had been to The Ritz in London thought this was as good if not better!!. We could all recommend it to anyone. If you wish to visit please just remember Joy needs a couple of days notice and you won't be disappointed.

Dear June W,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are flattered you have compared us to The Ritz!! We're glad you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 25 October 2017

There were 11 of us to celebrate Jan's birthday. The food was fresh, homemade, delicious and plentiful and served beautifully. There was an excellent choice of sandwiches, homemade quiche. choice of cherry or sultana scones with butter, jam and cream, a good selection of cakes and a small dessert each to finish. Top ups of tea and coffee too.

The staff were friendly and attentive.

Joy, the owner, gave us foil to take home the leftovers, which was a very good idea.
Excellent value at £9.50 per person

It was the first afternoon tea I have ever had and it was delicious

I think Joy would probably need notice to do an afternoon tea for a group

Dear Chrisy48

Thank you for your lovely review of our Afternoon Teas. They are proving to be very popular especially with the addition of quiche! We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with a 5 star review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Delicious afternoon tea for Janet’s Birthday. Thank you Joy and staff for a lovely afternoon. Lovely selection of savouries and cakes.

Dear Angela J

Thank you for your 5 star review of our Afternoon Tea. It is great to hear you enjoyed your Cafe Leon experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Wishes,