“4 day visit”
Review of west country inn

west country inn
Ranked #107 of 152 Restaurants in Bideford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

) has We stayed at the West Country inn for four nights two gifted to us by my brother and his wife and two extra that we paid for. We found it very quaint it is 400 years old and obviously you don’t expect a Premier inn we liked it and Laura the owner did her very best to make your stay as good as possible she is a very hard working lady she was very accommodating and treats everyone the same. As said in another review it is a bit out in the wilds but if you have transport it is not a problem. As I am a bit disabled I did find the stairs a bit of a problem but hey ho I’m still here I survived xx

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The West Country Inn is situated on the A39 a few miles south of Clovelly village.
We gave it a whirl earlier this evening walking into a relatively empty restaurant area.
A very friendly lady greeted us before taking our orders.
My wife had the steak and chips(there were about 10 on the plate)whilst I had the mixed grill,the latter at a cost of £16.00.
My wife battled through hers but sadly most of mine was gift wrapped for our dogs......tough salty food at a price.....maybe we got them on an off evening?
Bitterly disappointing experience in a pub restaurant that has bags of potential but falls very short.
Visited 9th July 2018.

1  Thank shane s
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We are staying at the Hartland forest lodge site and popped in for a quick drink 1 dinner time. Hosts were very friendly. Went back for a meal that night sweet and sour chicken was lovely. Went back for Sunday carvery and a little cheery banter with the chef. Didn't realise the place was so big inside.. little bit more expensive that we are used to but that comes with the area I guess. Will definitely revisit

1  Thank Mel S
Reviewed 14 June 2018

lovely old building, full of character, we stop here regularly for food, the Sunday carvery is not to be missed, it is superb, we found the staff to be very friendly and would go out of their way to make sure you where well looked after.
the owner, Laura whilst often very busy, would go out of her way to make time to come over and chat with us, on our recent wedding anniversary we had an evening meal there and when we went to pay the bill, Laura had heavily discounted our bill as a little treat for us, we was both very touched by this kind gesture.
it is a biker friendly pub and every Tuesday evening is bike night with often a good turn out from the local bikers, who are a friendly bunch who mingle with the regulars and a good time is had by all.
a huge car park at the rear makes parking easy and also camping and caravans is catered for.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Been there many times to stay or eat. Sometimes it's a destination from 200+ miles. The full English is lovely and the roast superb. Not had a disappointing meal. Rooms are lively and the whole place has character. Plenty of parking too.
Not used the gym but the Jacuzzi was great. Lovely rooms and views and a great springboard for so many local attractions.
5 star from me