“Visit during break”

Ranked #42 of 152 Restaurants in Bideford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited while on a break I have been to better garden centres we had a cream tea my wife had the traditional cream tea and I had the savoury version. We both have had better at different venues

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We both thought the cafe food and service was excellent, tad on the pricey side, regular latte at £3.30 is higher than we are used to. However the whole experience was spoilt by many dogs in the cafe. When did we start allowing dogs in restaurants and cafes in this country?, very unhygienic and various dog fights broke out. I apologise to dog owners but dogs should be left outside.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just want to praise their Wednesday carvery.Booked for four of us and the service and the food was excellent.
Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Food was lovely and well presented. Lovely gardens. Good selection of bottled ale. Surprisingly enjoyable. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Have eaten here couple times. Had soup last winter & a midweek lunch few weeks ago with my wife for her birthday. Was & has always been very good. We love the garden center any how.
But today...disappointed . The mid week carvery. Good selection of veg. Parsnips good. Broad beans hard. Did point this out. The roast potatoes are not roast potatoes , but deep fried boiled spuds...That were hard not only on out side but in middle. I am afraid it was all in all very bland , the beef was tasteless. May be that's what you get for that price..Not cheap not expensive. But I expected a little better going on past meals. The saving factor to whole meal was the ice cream , that is to die for....