“Enjoyable-ish”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness, focusing on the health of the mind, body and spirit. SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions, SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies and mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Spent a lovely, relaxing day here. Staff we're really lovely, food was superb, treatments were great.
I feel I can only give it three stars though as it's all just a bit disappointing - there's no gentle music playing in the background building on the experience, no light insense giving that extra something, no open spaces to chill and relax in - everythings on top of eachother, even the relax rooms feel claustrophobic- there are very few steam rooms etc to choose from - maybe Ive just been spoilt in the past with other places.
The decor is beautiful, but there's nothing beyond that.
Would I go back, no probably not - Im not adverse to spending money, but this was not worth the price tag.

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to SenSpa. We appreciate the feedback and your praise of our staff, food and treatments. There is usually soothing music playing but when you visited our music system was inoperable which is now in hand. I am glad that you found your visit relaxing and it is a shame that the facility did not fully meet your expectations. Thank you for visiting SenSpa.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"hydrotherapy areas"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2018

My husband and I had a half day spa package which included treatments (a 1 hour couples massage) and the Rhassoul mud treatment. We really enjoyed the different shower rooms in the SenSpa. We had a healthy Thai inspired lunch out on the terrace and thought the Miang Kam was really good. The only thing that let us down was the half hearted greeting we got when we arrived. One of the receptionists that showed us around for the tour only pointed out different rooms rather than actually taking us there and explaining how things worked. We found her attitude abrupt and bordering on rude. Her accent was thick and hard to understand so we weren’t really sure what was available to us. In the end we figured it all out but it left a bad taste in our mouth considering what we paid for the half day. We also felt lunch should have been included in the price which in the end we paid nearly £400 for 6 hours in the spa with lunch. It also didn’t seem long enough for the price.

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review SenSpa and for making contact with me to discuss your experience. I am delighted that we will be retaining you as a guest. Please accept my apologies for any rudeness or abruptness you experienced and I look forward to welcoming you and you husband back to SenSpa.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the evening spa package that included access to the hydrotherapy pool and Thai Tapas in the relaxation room. We were given robes and locker keys on arrival, but there weren’t any towels in the men’s changing room or down in the spa area. Th relaxation room did not have the refreshments topped up and the tapas were more of a salad & two chicken skewers. We weren’t given plates for the sharing platter, just fork which made eating stringy salads quite messy. Then at the end we were rushed out of the changing facilities because they were closing even though the spa is attached to a hotel, which I presume operates 24 hours a day. Unfortunately this experience wasn’t as welcoming and relaxing as previous visits.

Dear Diana
I am sorry your recent experience at SenSpa was less than satisfactory.Towels are usually well stocked in the reception area and I apologise if this was not the case - this will be passed on to the team and dealt with. We do not have the storage space in the gent’s changing room for towels, for which I apologise.
Complimentary refreshments in our relaxation rooms cease at 7pm and this is stated in the confirmation letter you will have received. Though we form part of a hotel complex the spa goes into lock down promptly at 9pm on weekdays and 8pm on weekends to allow our overnight cleaning team full access, as they are tasked with the work of cleaning all 24,000 square feet of the spa each night. Closing times are stated on both our website and confirmation letters.
We will address the issues you had with the Thai canapes. Thank you for raising the matter.
I would not wish you to feel less than relaxed or welcomed at SenSpa and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally, if you would like to contact me directly.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We booked a good deal online and arrived for our spa day. The whole experience was wonderful! Breakfast was lovely, a continental range of pastries, fruits, cheese and meat.

My husband and I experience the couples mud treatment - this was quite fun!

Lunch in the Thai restaurant was delicious and the service was excellent!

The spa is really really good with plenty to do. Huge relaxation rooms, hydrotherapy areas - lots of lovely hidden gems!

We didnt want to leave! Thanks so much! We all has a wonderfully relaxing day!

2  Thank kwebbo13
Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

What a lovely review of SenSpa. Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post it. I am so glad that your sisters birthday with us was a success and that you enjoyed our facilities and services.It sounds like you had a thoroughly relaxing day and I hope you will visit us again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Organised a surprise 18th Birthday treat for my daughter and I to spend the day in the Spa. We had continental breakfast on arrival which was lovely. We went on to have a Rasouli mud treatment which was fab and then relaxed in the Hydro pool until it was time for a massage! ....lunch was in the Thai restaurant which was absolutely amazing and one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I can't recommend this hotel / spa / staff enough - they go out of their way to make you feel very special in deed.

I will definitely be back!

2  Thank LisaEv5

Wow, what a fantastic review of SenSpa at Careys Manor. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and the important birthday milestone for your daughter was celebrated in relaxing style. Our chefs will be so pleased to know that you enjoyed our Thai food. Glad to hear that what our staff set out to do, they achieved. Thank you very much for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.