“Sophisticated Hen do”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness; with greatest focus on the health of the mind, body and spirit. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions; SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies, mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of -the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My lovely girls and I decided to book a spa day with afternoon tea. The facilities were outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious. I want to thank all the staff being so helpful and welcoming. The special little touches made the day very special

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you very much for your lovely review of SenSpa. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Wishing the bride and her family happiness and health.

There are newer reviews for SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Careys Manor has the most amazing Spa and I would highly recommend a visit. I have been going there myself for over 10 years. This year 10 friends and family booked a spa day for my sister's 40th. Unfortunately the hospitality and service was extremely disappointed and completely ruined it for all of us. The staff were rude & unhelpful. It started from when we entered we didn't get greeted in fact the staff was so engrossed in their conversation they didn't even acknowledge our existence!
We then went for breakfast in the restaurant we asked if we could move a couple of tables so we could sit together the staff said no.
I explained that we were here for a special occasion they did not care and still said no.
I was extremely disappointed with the service that we got, I did even ring the manager of careys Manor with a short message of my complaint but nobody bothered to get back to me so I thought I had no choice but to put this negative review as I wouldn't want anybody else spending that kind of money and getting such a terrible service. The Spire itself is amazing and I would recommend it as I have said but if you're going there for any kind of hospitality or customer skills advise you go elsewhere

1  Thank Ellouise S
Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Ellouise

I am so sorry that we failed you in any way, especially as you have had amazing previous experiences over the years and I am sorry that this time we were not able to deliver the first class service you expect from us.

Please accept my apologies if you thought the restaurant team were being obstructive; if we had known in advance that you were a large group then we would have responded accordingly but the information we had was spread across 4 booking forms with no notes to say anybody was with anybody else. The restaurant team do have to take in to account the total number of bookings they have in for the day and also whether there are guests already seated and on this occasion we were genuinely unable to rejig things around without running the risk of upsetting guests already present and still to arrive.

I am especially sorry to learn that we did not return your call as I am sure we could have responded in a way that met with your satisfaction and I believe my colleague has been in touch with another of your party. Based on previous occasions, if you think you might wish to visit again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I would be delighted assist in any way I can to ensure you experience our usual high service standards.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a wonderful relaxing week-end surprise from my husband. The spa was amazing with pools and steam rooms; the massage was first class, and my husband and I enjoyed a well being class too. The staff were so friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We had a excellent meal in the Thai restaurant,and when the Manager found out it was our wedding anniversary he bought out a chocolate message on a dish with two chocolates on. I was very touched at the level of service.We also ate in the French restaurant which was lovely too.

2  Thank SPP67
Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I was delighted to read your review of your visit to Careys Manor & SenSpa. Thank you very much. I am so glad that we made your stay special and I sincererly hope yuou visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this spa day. It's the second time I have been and both times have enjoyed the treatments and found it relaxing. My only negative is the snogging couples in the pool, I think staff should pop in from Time to time to tell couples this is inappropriate. Apart from that it's a very enjoyable day

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Linsey
Thank you for reviewing SenSpa and for your kind words. We have taken on board your comments regarding other guests and will action accordingly. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I took my wife here for her birthday and she loved it. The facilities are great and comprehensive with lots of different types of steam rooms, saunas and humidity rooms.
My wife and I had Thai massages which were amazing. My wife commented it was the best massage she'd every had!
The staff were friendly and one had spotted an error with my booking and proactively refunded me. I was very impressed. Will come again

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank you very much for your review of SenSpa and delighted to hear that your wife's birthday present was a great success. I am glad you both enjoyed your Thai massages - in my opinion it cannot be bettered, as the approach is so comprehensive with deep work along the sen, or energy lines and on muscles and sinews. We hope you can return for another visit soon.