“Brilliant week end”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness; with greatest focus on the health of the mind, body and spirit. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions; SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies, mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of -the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a wonderful relaxing week-end surprise from my husband. The spa was amazing with pools and steam rooms; the massage was first class, and my husband and I enjoyed a well being class too. The staff were so friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We had a excellent meal in the Thai restaurant,and when the Manager found out it was our wedding anniversary he bought out a chocolate message on a dish with two chocolates on. I was very touched at the level of service.We also ate in the French restaurant which was lovely too.

2  Thank SPP67
Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I was delighted to read your review of your visit to Careys Manor & SenSpa. Thank you very much. I am so glad that we made your stay special and I sincererly hope yuou visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this spa day. It's the second time I have been and both times have enjoyed the treatments and found it relaxing. My only negative is the snogging couples in the pool, I think staff should pop in from Time to time to tell couples this is inappropriate. Apart from that it's a very enjoyable day

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Linsey
Thank you for reviewing SenSpa and for your kind words. We have taken on board your comments regarding other guests and will action accordingly. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I took my wife here for her birthday and she loved it. The facilities are great and comprehensive with lots of different types of steam rooms, saunas and humidity rooms.
My wife and I had Thai massages which were amazing. My wife commented it was the best massage she'd every had!
The staff were friendly and one had spotted an error with my booking and proactively refunded me. I was very impressed. Will come again

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank you very much for your review of SenSpa and delighted to hear that your wife's birthday present was a great success. I am glad you both enjoyed your Thai massages - in my opinion it cannot be bettered, as the approach is so comprehensive with deep work along the sen, or energy lines and on muscles and sinews. We hope you can return for another visit soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I had a wonderful time at Sen spa today. It really is one of the best spas I've been to and I'm lucky enough to have it right on my doorstep. The staff are so welcoming and accommodating. Today I was over the moon when I stepped into the hydro pool, on my last few visits it was on the cold side but this time it was a lovely temperature. I only visited to use the spa facilities this time and did not have any treatments although I did pop into the zen garden for some lunch and I was a little disappointed, I used to have a toasted panini but the new menu has replaced it with sandwiches and salads. I went for the cheese and pickle sandwich and was disappointed that the price (£10) did not reflect what I received, it was just a boring cheese and pickle sandwich with some stale ready salted crisps and some rocket. I should have opted for Thai food as I have never been disappointed with that but fancied something hot other than Thai but the menu no longer offers this, chef did toast the bread for me but it just wasn't the same. The service in the zen garden is always amazing. I also popped into the senspa boutique to purchase some of senspas beautiful products which I can't seem to visit senspa without taking home with me.

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear Nicole

Thank you for your continued patronage. We appreciate it. I am glad that your day with us was good enough to rate highly, but I do apologise that your sandwich did not meet expectations. Please be assured that we will be reviewing our all day menu. We look forward to welcoming you back to SenSpa soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Wonderful "Harmony Day" at the Spa.. inc 2 treatments, lunch and a light breakfast. I have been a few times before and each time I just love it. The atmosphere is so calm and relaxed (unlike some spas where you feel like you can't quite relax!). The staff are so welcoming and seem almost like a family as opposed to employees. Hydrotherapy services were perfect and very quiet. I love the jets and the tropical shower experiences. The ice bucket was fun after the shower! I actually had the entire place to myself a few times. As it is a long and luxurious day, and the lunch and treatment times are all varied for guests, you get a lot of opportunities to have your own space; by the pool, in the spa, in the thai chill out area and even in the gym if you have the energy!
My thai lunch was divine - always is there. I sat outside in my thai PJ's dressing gown (which they provide) in the Sen Garden as the sun was out and the garden is so pretty. I would recommend leaving at least 2 hours after lunch, before having a treatment, swimming or doing a class. The portions are big and I felt very sleepy after.
The Alphosphere is an interesting experience! I felt very float like after. Loved the sounds and light effect.. Was very warm in there, like a mild sauna. Very relaxing.
By the time the sunset, I was again floating around in the pool, with twinkly lights on the ceiling, feeling totally blissed out. My other treatment I chose to have at the end of the day - as I chose a deep massage - it was better than I remember. I was in such a deep state of relaxation after that I wish I had booked a room in the hotel to just go and crash out in. Had some tea in the chill out area then slept for 30 minutes in the quite room. Sleeping anywhere other than my own space is unheard of for me. So proves how relaxed I was! I am missing the Sen Spa already. Thank you to all the (family) staff for such a wonderful experience.

Dear JetSetSoul
Thank you very much for your extensive review of SenSpa and some sound advice to readers too. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed the Alphasphere. For guests who fully give themselves to this unique experience, the results are deeply relaxing. I was delighted to read that you perceive us as family. Each of our staff brings their unique personality to the work here and they are integral to making our guests' experience warm and welcoming. Please visit again soon.