“Fantastic service nothing was too much”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service nothing was too much”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We have just stayed a night at Careys Manor and we were incredibly impressed at the fantastic service we received during our stay. From the moment we arrived there was a very friendly helpful South African gentleman outside greeting us and showing us where to park and store our bikes, nothing was too much trouble and he really set the scene for the service we received during our whole stay. Top marks to all the staff for helping to make this a very enjoyable weekend away, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass on your comments to Keith who has clearly conveyed his usual high levels of hospitality.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Polish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Went for a luxury spa day recently with my Mum and we weren't disappointed. On arrival had a friendly and warm welcome from the staff and a tour of the facilities. The hydrotherapy area was very relaxing and facilities were very good.
For lunch the Thai 2 course meal was expertly cooked and very authentic, delicious!
Treatments were also very good, I had a facial and my mum a foot massage. We both agreed they were worth every penny!
In summary the staff were all very welcoming, the food great and we had a very relaxed and pampered day, just what we had hoped for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jo H
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent Spa Day. We are delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed your day and very much look forward to being able to welcome you back.

London, UK
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was staying for one night on a business trip and needed somewhere really comfortable and relaxing. The hotel's website advised booking a room in one of the side buildings as the main older building can be noisy when events are being held. However I was unlikely and had very noisy people in the room next to me anyway! And it was a long, long walk through endless corridors to get to the spa and the restaurant.
The spa is everything everyone says about it - great facilities. However, be warned, you have to pay extra to use all of them. I'd say it was worth it because the sauna and pool around the pool are tiny while the spa sauna and steam facilities are superb and the hydropool is much warmer than the main indoor pool - fabulous!
My room was comfortable, not very excitingly decorated but excellent bedside lights (few hotels get this right), good tea and coffee facilities and a very comfortable bed.
I didn't eat in the a la carte restaurant but in the French bistro - or rather someone's idea of a French bistro. Not very exciting food but friendly service. Unfortunately the Thai restaurant was closed that evening as it looked really nice.
The price makes you think it's going to be a bit more up market than it is but that said, I did have a comfortable, relaxing stay which is what I wanted.

Room Tip: Annex rooms can be a long way from spa and main building.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your candid feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to learn that you suffered noise from a neighbouring room, we certainly would have accommodated you in an alternative room given the opportunity and one closer to Reception and The Restaurant.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing stay and hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked for 1 night, paid nearly £300 for dinner, bed and breakfast. Room was okay, not luxurious. Ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was extremely disappointing, main problem was lack of flavour. Would have hoped for far better quality when paying this much. The breakfast was very average, hot buffet, always disappointing when it's not cooked to order. My works canteen delivers the same quality breakfast every Friday for £2.00! Would not recommend to others, size has impacted on the level of food quality that this hotel can offer. You can get a much better deal with a far superior room and guarantee of good food elsewhere.

Plus points, the bed was very comfortable and the staff were friendly, on the whole service was good but a bit disorganised in the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your stay at Careys Manor.

I was terribly sorry to learn of your disappointment with your dinner and breakfast, feedback rather adverse to the usual high level of praise we receive.

I certainly would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss this further with you in person at the time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at Carey’s manor in October 2011. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Our room was spacious with a patio area outside. As it was our anniversary, a balloon, fresh fruit and chocolates greeted us on our arrival. I thought this was a lovely touch.

The Thai restaurant serves superb food and the service was friendly and efficient. We also ate in the fine dining Manor Restaurant which was similarly excellent. There was a pianist playing throughout our meal which we appreciated. I would recommend booking your table at the restaurants before you arrive as they get quite busy.

One of the best things about this hotel is the spa. The pool is large and I swam before breakfast each morning – I had the poor to myself both times. The spa has a large Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which are all free to guests. This was a real treat.

The hotel location is perfect for touring the little villages of the New Forest. There’s ample car parking space at the hotel too.

There was an excellent selection at breakfast. Cereals, breads, pastries, meats, nuts, fruit, seeds, cheese, yoghurt plus the usual full English. I can’t imagine there would not be something to suit each and every taste.

One thing which I felt let this hotel down was the strange and somewhat unfriendly receptionist who greeted us. She really wasn’t very welcoming and didn’t take the time to explain to us where anything was. However we didn’t really care to be honest and presumed she was having an off-day (we’re from London – we’ve dealt with worse). The gentleman who showed us to our room was lovely.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your stay with us back in October 2011.

I was sorry to learn that you suffered an unfriendly welcome to the hotel but delighted to be able to report that the team I currently have the pleasure of working with are nothing short of fantastic and always very cheery!

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
3.9 km away
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley
7.9 km away
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!