“Superb cottage in a wonderful secluded location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
yanto57
Newport, United Kingdom
“Superb cottage in a wonderful secluded location.”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We knew from the moment we arrived that this place was going to be something special and it was. Made to feel very welcome by David the owner and the welcome pack waiting for us goes beyond anything we have experienced before - scones, jam, clotted cream, a superb bottle of red wine, milk, tea, coffee.
The cottage itself is furnished to an incredible high standard with everything you could possibly want. Beautiful fresh flowers in every room which included freesias (I think), was a lovely touch and by mid-week, gave off such a lovely scent. Lots of lovely magazines, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading - thank you.
Our dog was able to roam freely in the wonderful grounds that are immaculate and so well maintained.
There are dog friendly beaches nearby - Northcott Mouth which has a delightful outdoor cafe and also part of Widemouth Bay for which there is a free car park further up the hill. We also visited Boscastle, Bude and Port Isaac, not too far away from the cottage.
To sum up, if you want a relaxing holiday in a fabulous fabulous cottage, then this is place for you. Go, you won't be disappointed, we weren't.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Jun 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review of your break in Treneglos. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. We do our best to make the cottage as welcoming as possible, so I'm very pleased you appreciated the flowers (including freesias, well spotted!) and our luxury welcome pack. It's fantastic that your dog also had fun - we are proud of being very dog-friendly and we are lucky to have such extensive and well enclosed grounds. It certainly sounds as though you made the most of the beautiful coastline nearby too - particularly impressive bearing in mind you weren't so very lucky with the weather. There is always something to see or somewhere to walk. It was a privilege to host your holiday, and thank you again for the kind recommendation to fellow travellers. I hope to see you again (with a little more sunshine if we're lucky!)

With best wishes and sincere thanks,

CWhite326
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Another brilliant holiday ”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Last year we stayed in Bodrugan and revisited this year to stay in Treneglos!
We will be back next year as well!!
Tamar Valley Cottages provides the perfect get away, we are a family of 3 plus 2 dogs and we can't get enough! You feel like you are disappearing off into a peaceful countryside paradise, where you can just relax and enjoy the scenery! No stress (big factor in our lives) Everything you need is a short car journey away. Plenty of walks and beaches to visit! Absolute perfection!!

4 Apr 2016
Dear Guest,

Sincere thanks for leaving us such a lovely review - it is very helpful of you. It's always a delight to welcome back returning guests and it was brilliant to see you again. I am so glad you had such a wonderful holiday in Treneglos and that it clearly compares well to Bodrugan cottage. It's good to see you found more great days out for your second visit too - we always seem to be getting new recommendations for places to visit. I love to share this little corner of Cornish heaven with my guests - as you said, it really is a peaceful retreat and it's great that you appreciated the rural tranquillity. It would be a real pleasure to host your holiday again if you fancy getting away from it all.

With best wishes to you all and thanks again,

Ltmb_2015
“Miss”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Stayed here in September 17th to the 20th in penhale the pictures really don't do this place justice it's absaloutly beautiful.. The warm welcome upon arrival from David I believe made us feel right at home. The accomadation was outstanding fresh flowers in every room. Beautifully decorated didn't want to leave. Close to the sea to some lovely sea side villages and coastal walks. I will return here next year for my family holiday .. Hidden gem thank you for making are holiday :-)

2 Oct 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review; it is much appreciated. I am delighted that your stay in Treneglos was such a success. It's always really pleasing to see guests who appreciate the flowers and the decor - we try very hard to make it a home from home and it all pays off when a guess notices such touches! The local towns, especially on the coast, are such fun to explore and it's great you made the time to do so. I'm sure there is plenty left for you to do the next time you come. I'd love to welcome you back next year; it would be great to host your family holiday again.

With best wishes to you all and thanks again for the review,

sevenciti...
“Incredible place”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

As a young band we recently stayed here for 4 nights whilst recording in the studio down the road. The place was breathtaking, all the mod-cons from a dishwashe to complimentry wine! that location was beautiful and the owner david was the most hospitable and caring man you'd probably ever meet,he's an interior designer and you can really see why after you set foot in the cottages, he will go out of his way to make your stay as nice as possible, he even dropped us all the way to bude for a piss up!

We couldnt recommend his selection of cottages more highly and we hope we have to record agin soon just so we can stay there.

Thank you!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
28 Apr 2015
Dear Guests

Many thanks for writing us such a wonderful review. I am so pleased that you all enjoyed your time in Treneglos and that you appreciated all the little touches and the luxury facilities in the cottage. As you can imagine, the interior decor is something that I take a lot of pride in so I'm thrilled that you liked it. You write some very kind comments - I try very hard to make every guest's stay a happy one so I'm very glad you feel I contributed to your enjoyment - I hope had a great night out in Bude! You're definitely a band to watch, so I have no doubt you will be making another recording soon - I do hope you may be able to stay with us again, and that you will remember us when you're famous!

Many thanks and best wishes,

David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing