“Probably the best curry in Chippenham ”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Ranked #25 of 117 Restaurants in Chippenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food was fantastic and plenty of it , served in a timely manor. Attentive waiting staff.

Probably the best curry in Chippenham.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This had been recommended to us by staff at another restaurant (an Italian) and we are so glad we went. The restaurant itself was extremely clean, well decorated, fantastic lighting and with a nice level of background music to give a very relaxing atmosphere.

The popadoms, salad and dips were all lovely and fresh and very big portions for their cost.

My partner had duck jalfrazi, we have never seen duck on an Indian menu before, and he absolutely loved it and is now converted to duck over lamb.

On their recommendation I had king prawn asahari which was stunning in its taste. The king prawns were also cooked to perfection and it’s the first time I’ve eaten all of a curry dish before.

We also had mushroom rice, onion bhajees (which were the crispest we’ve had), chapati and paratha. I’ve never liked paratha before but this was wonderfully light and crisp with no sign or taste of oil and it was delicious.

The Raj have a fine choice of alcoholic drinks but also offer a bring your own with no corkage charge, which is very customer service focused.

The venue is suitable for couples, families and larger groups. The customer service is second to none. Whether you’re local to Chippenham or just visiting like us you do not want to miss this establishment.

1  Thank gebs14
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Our waiter was incredibly rude and impatient. Would absolutely not return. Was not made to feel welcome at all.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Had a takeaway from here, were kept waiting and then when we got home it was cold. (It's about 10 minutes). Lots of the food was fairly bland, but ok.

Not what we are used to from this place, was very disappointed, usually the food is really nice!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Having made several visits to the Raj in recent months was, again greeted with a really warm welcome. I ordered a chicken madras,bhajis poppodom and mushroom bhaji to takeaway. Whilst the food was prepared I relaxed with a beautiful, chilled beer. Got the food home and gosh! Even to describe it now my mouth waters. I love the whole experience, it's my 'well-earned' treat. Enjoy.