“Top class facility with everything one could...”
other travellers have booked this property
Squirrel Lodge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Squirrel Lodge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 50 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kenneth B
“Top class facility with everything one could need. Quality fixtures and fittings.”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Great central location with so much to see and do within a very short distance. Very beautiful area.

28 Aug 2017
Thanks for the great review Ken, hope to see you again soon.
WalesFair...
Treorchy, United Kingdom
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We were met met by friendly owner Sue who explained what we needed to know about the lodge and nearby amenities.The lodge was perfect,comfortable,well equipped in a small very peaceful setting.There was a walk through the woods just outside the park which we enjoyed taking every evening.Recommended places to visit would be Symonds Yat, Tintern Railway Museum and Clearwell Caves is a definite must.......do not miss this little gem.

4 Jul 2017
Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon. Rich
nannyrace...
Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Perfect spot!”
Reviewed 10 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Squirrel lodge is situated on quiet plot along side other lodges owned by friendly welcoming people. Its well equipped comfortable and clean. My husband and i enjoy mountain biking and enjoy the trails at cannop which is a 5-10 min drive away closer than where we stayed last year. If you want more of a mtb challenge bike park wales is an hours drive away me my husband and son enjoyed a day there it was great fun. Theres not much in coleford but it has a nice little cinema. Cheltenham is good for shopping. We had A great week at squirrel lodge the best lodge we've stayed in so far, added bonus definately was a washing machine so we could wash our cycling gear and use of a bbq really made this lodge stand out for us. Many thanks to richard and sue shame we didnt meet them as we were late arring. We will definately be back!!! .

12 Jun 2017
Thanks for the great review, we hope to hear from you soon. Rich
Mandy W
“Wow what a STUNNING Gem ! brilliant quiet location -We will go again !”
Reviewed 9 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This lodge is exceptional. I have stayed in may lodges for UK holidays and this is one of the best ! It is so homely and the loving touches to the decor made our stay here a superb home from home ! The owners (Sue and Rich) are so helpful , attentive to your needs without invading your space ! I was there on my own with my disabled so, so it was very reassuring to know they are they are your local contact should you ever need them -This peace of mind is vital for me.
My son thoroughly enjoyed his holiday. It was quiet and peaceful, just how he likes his holidays to be. It is ideally located for many places of interest.The Clearwell caves are a stones throw from the lodge as was Puzzlewood which is in my opinion the most awe inspiring enchanted woodland I have had the pleasure to visit .I will definitely be back!!! We were sorry to have leave ! -Thank you !

11 Jun 2017
Thanks for the great review Mandy, hope to hear from you soon. Rich
Steve R
“Good base for exploring town and countryside”
Reviewed 28 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We had a good stay here in May for 10 nights or so. Place seems really luxurious. Well equipped, all in good condition, but as usual in any rented place, I took several dishwasher tablets with me; we used the dishwasher daily.
During the stay, a neighbour had a bonfire which did concern us, but we didn’t, at the time, complain to to him or to the Lodge owners. I have been subsequently assured by the Lodge owners that there won’t be any more bonfires. With this assurance, I rate the lodge as excellent.
‘Miners’ or ‘Miners Arms’ pub nearby offered half-price meals on Monday evenings, needed to book, nice meal, especially at that price; I think best to check first, as they may not have this offer all year.
Lots of historical items to look at nearby. For birdwatching, my sister found nearby Lydney Harbour good. Gloucester Waterways Museum in April 2017 introduced scheme of (to me) expensive admission tickets that are valid for whole year, whether you want it or not, so best to check prices before go; hopefully they’ll stop it pronto and go back to original price. They have cheaper ‘group’ tickets, maybe they’ll do a deal if you haggle. Interesting museum, in my opinion.

30 May 2017
Thanks for the great review Steve, hope to see you again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing