“Great hotel and location”

The Runnymede on Thames
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Egham
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed in thei hotel just for a night away as we do not live that far from the hotel. This hotel is beautiful and very modern and clean.

It is set on the banks of the river thames near to Staines which is a nice town to shop and have lunch. In the summer you can sit outside and enjoy the river setting over a few drinks. It also has an outside pool as well as one inside with a sauna, gym and outside hot tub.

Our room had a river view and was small but very nice. it had everything we wanted. The bar area is very relaxing and the staff are very attentive. Breakfast is AMAZING. They even have their own honey bees so fresh honey for breakfast if you so desire it.

We had a great stay and wiull be going back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidC55

Reviewed 2 April 2012

A weekend stay to celebrate my birthday. We booked very late through Expedia, which meant that the hotel had not processed our booking upon arrival. A lengthy delay at check-in led to a complimentary upgrade, so maybe it was almost worth the hassle!

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We slept well but found the pillows too soft, I almost had to fight my way out of them in the morning. The rubber bath mat was stained and needs to be binned. Breakfast and dinner in the Left Bank restaurant were of a high standard, if a little pricey. I didn't fancy the vegetarian option at dinner but the chef made something just for me, which was very much appreciated.

We would happily stay again.

1  Thank snailrunner
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were visiting Windsor and wanted something nearby. The hotel is very easy to find just off the M25, I notice some reviews complain about this, but we happily sat by the river for tea without any disturbance. There was absolutely no noise in the hotel. The hotel is big, but it feels warm and friendly and the service from staff was excellent, I was particularly impressed with the guest services representative and the waitress for our meal in the Lock Bar Kitchen restaurant. Our room was small, but it had everything that you need, unless you wanted to play football in the room. Food in the restaurants was excellent. Being located on the river we could walk to the Magna Carta and RAF memorial, the hotel did have the walk details, but you could not go wrong. We had a great time, and would go back, or to one of the others in the group.

Room Tip: If you can afford it pay the little bit extra for a river view
1  Thank PDR4
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just spent 2 nights at the Runnymeade on Thames Hotel Windsor.What can we say the staff go out of their way to treat you well and make you feel special.The spa is a real treat we were in there at 7am on Saturday and had the pool to ourselves bliss! We stayed in a deluxe river side room the bed was so comfy.My only criticism was that the room needs more windows its such a lovely view.The food was good with a good choice .We even walked the 5 miles into Windsor along the Thames Path got a taxi back which was £12.Also loved the White company products in the room.We will be back in the summer for sure.

2  Thank traveller486
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews that were overwhelmingly positive, but my experience at the hotel was somewhat a disappoint. I had expected a 4 star hotel to have 100% cotton sheets so I did not check specifically for this, and the hotel website boasts all the luxury items, such as feather mattress topper, pillows and duvet but no mentioning of the sheets! For those who dislike polyester or poly/cotton blend sheets, this was a very unpleasant experience. While I did not expect a large room, the room is so small that one feels that it is more suited for hobbits, perhaps. The views are nice but the noise from the nearby highway is clearly audible.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jscdjjk
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at The Runnymede on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

I am sorry to see that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. We do have various room types of varying sizes within within the hotel from a standard double to our deluxe rooms with king size beds. I am not aware of the room type you stayed in but on future visits it may be worth requesting a larger room. I can confirm that our sheets are 30% polyester and 70% cotton but on request we are always able to provide alternatives. I am however sorry that our standard was not to your preference. All of the bedrooms within the hotel have double glazing to limit road noise but I am sorry that this was not quiet enough for you.
If you have made us aware of the issues you mentioned in one of our questionnaires this information will be added to your client record so we can allocate more suitable rooms for you in the future.
Kind regards
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
2.3 km away
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking
17.0 km away
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to The Runnymede on Thames? Share your experiences!