1,852 results
All reviews catalina restaurant golf course blaney bar thai spa lough erne afternoon tea bedroom lodge noel mcmeel star hotel courtyard room five star round of golf the main hotel castle hume golf club beautiful hotel sauna and steam room
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived yesterday evening and were rather disconcerted to see 4 fire engines outside! We were directed to the golf clubhouse to get a drink and talk to reservation staff as hotel out of bounds!! We decided to stay and got a lodge instead of a bedroom in the hotel- v nice. All of the staff were excellent, so polite and could not do enough for us. Unfortunately we had to dine in the clubhouse as opposed to the Catalina Restaurant which was disappointing, but just one of those things that no one could do anything about as there was a fire in the hotel. The food was lovely but not as fancy as the restaurant would have been. Breakfast the next morning was back in the Catalina and was lovely. When we went to checkout and pay, there was no charge!!! Thank you Lough Erne, we’ll certainly be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
William K, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, indeed Friday was just one of those days which will live long in the memory , but I am so proud of the team in such difficult circumstances. I am so thrilled that you were looked after and so understanding. Your next visit I hope will be business as usual with Catalina to enjoy as well as the Thai Spa. Thank you again for such kind words.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed for a couple of days after not being there for few years. The staff and service were friendly, helpful and very efficient. The decor has become quite dated and shabby in many areas - not too much upkeep in the ten years since opened - shame.

Room Tip: Get a Lough view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank briangpatterson

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us recently. I am delighted to hear that staff and service were friendly, hospitable and efficient and note your comments regarding the decor, which under new ownership is firmly on the agenda for the coming months. So thank you for your detailed and frank comments and please do pay us a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I decided to surprise the wife with a quick trip out to here, my brother had only been there a few weeks ago and recommended it. Of course when we arrived it was typical Ulster weather but we were greeted by a nice warm fire near the lobby. Check-in was fast and friendly. Once in the beautiful room, we looked at the various dining options, as we had been traveling all day, we decided to go to the Loughside Bar & Grill - we phoned and made a reservation for 8pm.

The Loughside Bar & Grill is only a short walk away from the main hotel but the staff offered to drive us there as it was raining, which we accepted.

However the Loughside Bar & Grill didn't have our reservation - no big deal as there were lots if open tables - strange thing is, the exact same thing happened to my brother the few weeks prior.

Food was excellent, all washed down with a nice cool glass of the dark stuff.

Bed was very conformable, it was good to see the TV carried CNN International. Breakfast next morning was good and even with it lightly raining outside, we walked around the grounds.

Will be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a birthday treat for my wife and all I can say is we had a great time the desk girls were lovely the porters were excellent and very friendly and we found the waiters in the bar and grill excellent and friendly to. A lovely spot to relax walk eat or just chill out. Our room was excellent as was our large bathroom and our bed was very comfortable to. Food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent and we loved the fact that the breakfast menus had more than just a traditional fry up. The grounds are superb for walking as is the hotel for relaxing. All food tasted great and service was fine to. Only thing I would draw attention to is the pot hole in the bridge this needs fixed and I fully relise the Autumn has been very wet which has probably lead to the damage. Many thanks to your staff and please continue with the welcoming atmosphere and great table service. We will return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind feedback following your wife's birthday stay with us at Lough Erne. I am delighted to hear that the team and the surroundings lived up to your expectations. The grounds as you say are indeed breathtaking and are well worth exploring even if you are not a golfer. I note your comments regarding the pot-hole in the bridge section of the main driveway, which we are dealing with as a matter of urgency.
Thank you again for taking the time to post a review

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

So let’s state the obvious, this is a 5 ⭐️ hotel so its 5 ⭐️ price. However if you’re in for a spa weekend for instance then this is it. Make sure you book a lodge room, great space. Setting is awesome. Golf course is great and food a 1 . Only drawback is main bar is quite and very private members club. 9/10

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your super comments. I am delighted to hear you were pleased with our lodge accommodations and Thai Spa facilities. I note your comments regarding the main bar being quiet. Perhaps on your next visit come and stay on a Saturdays or Sunday as these night have live music, which really enhances the ambience in the Blaney Bar. Thank you again for taking the time to post a reviee