“Fantastic views”

Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Fowey
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Just went for coffee and elevenses(muffins)
Great coffee with amazing views over the river.
No rush for the table after we had finished.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We went here a few times for early evening drinks. My husband was really impressed with the selection of beers on tap and tried a few. The view across the river is lovely. There was also a nice mix of locals and tourists. We didn't eat but the food looked fine.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to re visit The Galleon for a second time and it did not disappoint, when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to find that some of the rooms had been redecorated to a very high standard, with a plan to refurbish the rest later this year. Breakfast was amazing as always, with a great selection. Kirsty, Sue and Nicky, thank you so much for making our visit such a comfortable and friendly experience, you couldn't be more accommodating! We had two evening meals here during our stay great food at great prices. See you next year!!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely bar in amazing location!
Lovely looking food at reasonable prices for round here!
Great choice of pints at insane prices (£4.30) ish but I’m from Newcastle! So normal for Fowey!
It had been raining a lot today but after it eventually stopped, I went in and decided I wanted to sit outside, and realised all the seats and chairs outside were wet, I didn’t mind at all. So I went in to ask the bar staff for a cloth to dry a seat, which I did but still got a wet butt having my lovely few pints with an amazing view!
But now.......TO THE OWNERS..... Whilst I was sitting their, so many groups of people came in only to see all the tables were wet, that they turned around and walked away saying oh we can’t sit there the table are wet. There was actually one group of over 10 people who walked away just coz no one had bothered to dry the tables. I left for a while and when I came back the tables were still soaked outside. So I went in and asked bar staff for a cloth to dry a table for the 2nd time which she gave me and I did. Over the next hour or so I couldn’t cope with seeing and more of your business disappear, I literally sat and offered my wet beer cloth to the customers who wanted to come in but we’re going to leave coz the tables were wet! I even dried some tables for them. SO... you owe me a pint at least and you defo need to give your staff a shake!! I’m still sitting ere at 8pm and I still haven’t seen 1 staff member dry a seat! But I have! Lovely pint and lovely bar tho!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Food well below average. Staff asked us if food was ok told them it was mediocre, this was obviously clear as all 4 of us left most of it. The girl just laughed and said I better take it away, dreadful response, but I guess as most customers are only on holiday they don’t care. Still charged full amount when we paid.

4  Thank Nicola F