“Great Breakfast Deal”

Bun & Roll
Ranked #39 of 290 Restaurants in Gateshead
Price range: USD 4 - USD 15
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here twice in the last couple of weeks. They do a very good breakfast deal where you get a baguette and a coffee. They coffee is very tasty, although might be too strong for some people but I enjoyed it. The baguettes are fresh and light. Real flavours that hit you and I could smell the garlic and ginger coming from the kitchen. I also had the spring rolls, which look quite greasy when served but were far from it. Good little gem in the Metrocentre for something a bit different that isn’t chain food! Will be back

1  Thank stu_mcgrew

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Came here on Monday night just on the off chance. What a little find. Food takes a little while but well worth the wait.
I had the pork and rice dish and was not disappointed. Loads of pork and mountains of rice, liked the sauces on the table as well thought that was a good touch.

Will be back to try the buns.

1  Thank stubbs0907
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I knew this restaraunt was opening, so had to take a look. The setting inside the busy Metro Centre Gateshead, it has an open aspect to the eating area which is not too strange. The food we had, Trio of Pork /Prawn and lime leaf curry/Chicken and line leaf curry, was fresh and well presented but certainly a meal to sit and savour. Service was efficient and friendly. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank George A
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First visit here and I was impressed! We both ordered different pho noodle soups and they were delightful. Will definitely be back to try something else from the menu

2  Thank Marie L
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Five of us went there for lunch today and I was looking for some warm and tasty Asian food but wasn’t what I hoped . I set my expecting low because my friend did tell me wasn’t so good but I still wanted to try as it is new.

Let’s start with the service 1st :

The waiter took us to the table did have smile on his face . Once we sat down never see anyone have smile on their face they looked fed up . All of them .

We ordered some dishes to share and ask for some bowls , for some reason he brought 3 bowls instead 5 and we have to ask again . It’s not like it’s busy or we have a large group of 10-15 ppl you can easily miscount

We have ordered 2 bowls of noodles and I’m not sure why they put some wet vegetables in a colander on the table . Is it not common sense if the vegetables just been washed bring it out in a colander without anything underneath will make the table very wet ?

So the drinks :

We order some green tea it’s £8 for 4 cups of tea .. I been to Asian restaurant million times and never known it’s so expensive ! They have used cheap tea that you still can see a few tea leaf At the bottom and you can clearly see the waiter make 4 cups of tea at the till with the same tea strainer! Basically 4 cups of hot water and dip the same tea strainer in it! So basically they charged us £2 for cup of hot water and we not able to refill ! Usually green tea comes in a pot in Asian restaurant .

The food :

Over priced for a cafe but lower standard than a restaurant ! Hardly any meat in the noodle all salad and raw vegetables . If you are in the diet this is probably the right place for you .I didn’t see a single Vietnamese in the cafe not even Asian I hope they have an Asian cook .

Sorry but I don’t think I will go back there .