“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Tried to get into Belton Garden Centre cafe but full so ended up here with some friends.
Really glad we did! Reminded us of what BGC used to be when it was much smaller. Very friendly staff, great service and excellent cake and drinks.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Farm shop and restaurant that has quality products for sale, but the breakfast sausage sandwich was terrible. Margarine not butter, basic cheap bread, poor non sachet sauce, over cooked sausages. Service poor, runs like the council one person doing the work the rest just watching.

1  Thank fruitbat0001
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Visited here for lunch with a friend and couldn’t find a table as the empty ones had reserved signs on them , we sat down anyway as we had decided we would have finished before the table would have been required.
Sandwiches poor , not a great choice so anyway ordered a cheese and pickle expecting it to come on nice rustic wholemeal / granary bread ........ wrong , what I would call smart price thin brown bread and even worse ...... grated cheese ?? My pet hate , you looose all the cheese unto your knees , difficult to eat , no idea what cheese ..... smart price like bread , over rated , over priced and never going back

2  Thank irishchick63
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is our second visit for Sunday lunch with extended family - very enjoyable both times. Lovely food, fresh vegetables and plenty of them. We have tried Beef and Turkey, both of which were very tastythe home made puddings were delicious, and very large portions.
Excellent, friendly service and pleasant location, would thoroughly recommend.
Very good value for money.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The husband and I were starvin, a bit hungover and in desperate need of a lovely fried breakfast. I'd heard good things about Syston, didn't mind paying a little extra for good fresh ingredients. We were a bit sad that there was no vegetarian breakfast on the menu so settled on egg on toast, I thought I'd just ask if they did do a veggie breakfast before we ordered and the waitress said they did. Joy! Except there was no joy when it came. 2 fried eggs, beans, a tomato and 3 rock solid mushrooms... all for the tidy sum of £7 (the same as the meat breakfast!) The eggs were runny despite asking for solid yolks and the toast we had ordered was so pasty it was more like stale bread. My baby daughter's toasted tea cake didn't fair any better at being toasted and everything was cold. I'd like to say the drinks were good but the cups are so tiny it was like we were children playing tea parties. Not an enjoyable experience but I can see why the veggie breakfast isn't on the menu!

1  Thank dangermish