“Lovely Spot”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Spot”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We arrived at Seashores round 4pm and within 10 minutes we were all booked in by the friendly staff in reception and in our caravan.

The caravan was excellent, it was a 2017 3 bed model, we hired two and they were very close to each other.

Once unpacked we then went to the Mash & Barrel for something to eat, the food and drink was good.

The following day we walked into Great Yarmouth (about a 30 minute stroll). If you don't want to walk you can get the bus, train or drive.

The only facilities we used were the swimming pool. The pools are good one kiddie and one for everyone else.

The park is very clean and easy to get around.

All the staff are friendly and helpful.

24 Jul 2017
Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it. Just for accuracy, our caravan is not 2017, but even if older still does the job very well! Regards, David
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

24 Jul 2017
Thanks, do glad you had that weather, it makes such a difference! Regards, David
Anna N
“Mainly good but one big flaw....”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Booked this mobile home for 7 people, I hope I give a balanced view of our weekend away. I shall start with the positives. I contacted the owner before our stay with some questions and he got back to me straight away. My son has quite severe allergies and the owners together with the cleaner ensured the accommodation was really clean and bed linen was washed with hypo allergenic powder both were wonderful at accommodating our needs. The position of the mobile home was wonderful close to the beach, facilities and town centre. The accommodation also had a good selection of games, books etc to pass the time away if the weather turned. However a few things were not quite right the first is very minor, there were no knives or scissors to cut or prepare food. I could have missed these things but three of us really had a good look for these items. Though all other utensils were there, and the kitchen was well equipped this was just a minor inconvenience at the time. We had a plans for the weekend which did not involve using the club house for entertainment but we did want to pop for a quick swim. We were told it would be £70 for 1 hours swim for us all as we would need a day pass to do that, obviously we did not go and my son was disappointed. This is not the fault of the owners though but I am just saying entertainment passes are very expensive however the Mash Barrel pub is very good and close to the mobile home so use that if you wish to get out in the evening. The last thing I wish to mention is my husband and I decided to give the kids the bedrooms as we thought they would get a better night sleep in their own rooms so we opted for the sofa bed. This was truly awful the mattress was11/2 inches thick after 10 mins we felt the metal in our backs it was so worn and old. We ended up sleeping on the floor and had to do this for two nights this did effect our holiday as we were so tired and driving home on the last day after no sleep for two days was dreadful. On balance the break would have been really wonderful as the owners have got so many good things going on in this mobile home and if they got a decent mattress for the sofa bed I would go again as I cannot fault the customer service or other things in the mobile home or caravan park.

24 Jul 2017
Thanks for such a thoughtful and helpful review. The sofa isn't used that often but we have a spare mattress which we will leave under the main bed next week. The passes are costly but some visitors just get them for half the week which helps a lot. Thanks, David
valanddaz...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Dirty”
Reviewed 12 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

The only good thing I can say about this caravan is the location it's right on the sand dunes. But that's when it ends. The bed in the main bedroom was lumpy and broke at the bottom so every time I sat at the end of the bed in dipped right down. The carpets where filthy and thread bear. The pots and pans all needed a good wash before we could use them along with all the cupboards. the cushions on the seating area was not fit for Propose. Now I get it's a pet friendly caravan and I wasn't expecting it to be emasculate but it really needs a good clean from top to bottom. It really was that bad I refused to cook anything in there. If the owner just spend some time sorting it out it would make a lovely caravan.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Nov 2016
Thank you for pointing all this out. I am afraid the end-of-season tiredness combined with the cleaner being unwell for your week. We don't live local but have visited on seeing your review and immediately power-washed the balcony and outside and attended to the inside problems. In the close season we will bring the accommodation back up to scratch. Most earlier reviews are 4 or 5 star and we aim to be back there with 5 star ratings in Spring 2017! As you say, the position of the caravan on the dunes is very lovely.
Maryjdee
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great position for the beach”
Reviewed 17 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Having never stayed in a static caravan before I was suprised how big the living space was. The bedrooms were a bit cramped but fine. The kitchen and living space ample. It was nice having a veranda too although a bit cold and windy but wrapped up with a hot cup of tea was lovely looking over the sand dunes to the sea.
Sadly here were a couple of things that concerned me. I noticed one of the alarms was loose on the ceiling. I pressed the test button with no response I also tested the other alarm, neither was working. I called the number I had for the cleaner who was working on the site and was able to come straight away. I also had to report the kitchen draw was broken. She agreed the alarms needed replacing and the draw was taken away for repair.
For the rest of the week there were no working Fire or Carbon Monoxide alarms. I was very disappointed this wasn't dealt with urgently.
We didn't take part in any of the Haven campsites activities which seemed ideal for family groups. There is transport from the site along the seafront to Gt Yarmouth
I would recommend this accommodation if the safety issues were working for families. It's not a new van but is ideally positioned by the sea

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Position by the beach
Liked least: Concerned over safety
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Oct 2016
Thanks for pointing out that the alarms needed attention/new batteries. These have been attended to and I am sure the safety issues are in order again (as has the broken draw runner). we agree about the position on the dunes - it is excellent!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing