All reviews sea view whist holiday indoor heated swimming pool running track traditional seaside hotel old fashioned lift sea front this family run hotel a bit tired smoked haddock coach party lovely hotel kippers couple of nights pleasant stay on arrival quiet at night
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is outdated in terms of decor however the room was spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable and we had a sea view room which surprisingly not noisy as I would have expected it to be. We were upgraded from room only to B&B with no extra charge which is always a plus. The breakfast in itself was lovely everyday whatever we ordered. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Right by the sea but few minutes walk away from the pier and the restaurants.
The only downside is that they advertise the hotel to have a heated indoor pool... The water was freezing.
All in all a lovely hotel which was fantastic to stay in during our break.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jason D, Owner at Burlington Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for your response we are improving and refurbishing on a continuous basis but cannot afford to all areas at once. We are aware we have some catching up to do.

As regards to the pool it is heated to 85 F but may feel cooler if the surrounding air temperature is high. It is checked regularly.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I stayed here a few years ago with my daughter and enjoyed it. I believe it's the only hotel with a pool in Gt Yarmouth (?) so we decided to come back and see what's changed.

Materially? Very little. Same tired brown panels between reception and the toilets - you could be forgiven into thinking you've gone on holiday to 1970 in some parts, especially the creaky stairs and 1970s styled coloured bathroom suites. On the plus side - all very clean, bedding fresh and well presented.

Staff have changed since I last visited (new ownership?) and have to say very friendly, very professional and helpful. Judging by others' comments, I'm kind of wishing I'd tried the food here now, as it appears there had been some changes in the kitchen too (poor food last time).

Sleep quality would have been good since the bed was very comfortable (and like I said before, very clean) however my room backed onto the athletics track and in the corner there was some kind of pavilion place having a party which went on to the early hours and unfortunately I had to endure two women arguing at the tops of their voices who have clearly no empathy with the phrase "private conversation".

I should emphasise that this is in no way related to the hotel, but I only mention it for future travellers should they wish to try and choose a room that is away from potential disturbances.

Overall a very pleasant stay. 4 Stars last time - 3 stars this time on account of the fact the décor and furnishings are yet even more outdated, and yet the price has clearly gone up since last time :-)

Room Tip: Try to avoid the back right corner as this backs onto the athletics track pavilion / function room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jason D, Owner at Burlington Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your comments and have plans for ground floor and toilets refurb. Bedrooms are upgraded as and when we can and we will continue to try and improve. As for new ownership it is and it isn't. The next generation of the family have taken over and we will be endeavouring to modernise as we go along.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed last week in July everything was excellent lovely room clean comfortable. Staff very friendly and made effort to make you feel welcome.
Had booked breakfast but also enjoyed bar meals varied menu well cooked and service great. No problem with parking car. WiFi good speed , stream with no disruption.Entertainment during our stay was singers only they covered a range of songs but nothing else offered. Booking on floor 3 I had to use lift as limited mobility lift in perfect working order but had an inner gate and outer door which if not shut correctly by visitors meant the lift would not move so could get stuck at any floor . Staff on hand to run up stairs to shut but felt I didn’t want to get them to do this but no way round it - also I would recommend booking a room not requiring the lift if in wheelchair as lift small. I recommend this hotel based on my experience even considering the lift I find it had to believe the few negative comments that are posted here as in the week we stayed everything was great will be booking again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Over priced poor service worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Not water pressure in room on 2nd floor very dodgy staircases. The stairs are an accident waiting to happen. Not good for ďìsabled visitors.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank AndrewF3601
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent family run hotel on Yarmouth seafront. Would highly recommend to anyway visiting Yarmouth. Breakfasts are A must Have, and dinners good too. Waiting staff are attentive and rooms of good size and clean.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jason D, Owner at Burlington Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for your review much appreciated.