Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The New Hobbit(Sowerby Bridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teacomplimentary glass of winesconeswedding guestscream teabeautiful hotelgardens are beautifulscallopsstuart roommullioned windowssplit level suiteopen firejacobean manorold housenooks and crannieson arrivalyorkshire breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Loved this hotel, it was very cozy and the staff were really friendly. Loved the log fire and the old country house style. Food was also amazing and loved the little touches, a glass of wine on arrival :-) Keep up the good work....will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Hello and thanks for taking the time to write your review, the team is really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you booking with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Holdsworth House Hotel is my preferred option when staying in this area.
I find the staff very considerate and helpful and go that extra bit to make the stay enjoyable.
Access is good with excellent parking.
Free wifi with good signal.
My meals have always been of a good standard.
Breakfast is good although, for my personal circumstances, it can be a bit slow.
Because I am a frequent patron, I have a particular room which I like and they always try and accommodate me in that room. Can't say better than that for service.
Overall, a first class hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your very positive comments. We'll certainly mention your thoughts to the breakfast team for your next visit - it's always good to receive feedback so we can get as much right for every guest. See you again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed for friends wedding. Booked a double room and they would put in two z beds for our children. When we arrived we were up-graded to two rooms with adjoining door which was very unexpected and a lot more comfortable. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hi JasonandClair1. Thank you for your review, we're glad you were happy with the service at Holdsworth House and we hope to see you again, perhaps for another wedding or for a leisure break!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at Holdsworth House on the 3rd of March and I booked the Ultimate Proposal Package.

To put it simply, I can't believe the hotel don't promote this more.

The hotel has character, it looks terrific from both the inside and the outside.The room we had was spacious, clean and unusual being over two floors!

As part of the proposal package you get afternoon tea (which was lovely and she absolutely loved it, particularly with the crackling of the open fire), a manicure and a three course meal (off the a la carte menu) and on our package we also got the private use of the Gazebo. It was very romantic with a candle lit path guiding the way to the Gazebo. The meal was good quality, and the music and the champagne was spot on.

What really worked for me though was the service. Brad looked after us all day, including serving us in the Gazebo, he was very accommodating in terms of specific requests and he was friendly, attentive but not overly helpful. It was pitched very well.

I think for what you get it is very reasonably priced and given there was a wedding on at the same time the service levels were very high.

I couldn't recommend this enough for guys wanting to propose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

WOW Paul A - Congratulations to you both! Thanks for your Tripadvisor review and your kind words. We've already sent the note on to Brad who is always fantastic with guests. We're so pleased it turned out to be everything you expected and more.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

free glass of wine on arrival, comfy bed, the best hotel pillows I've ever experienced, friendly staff, cosy bar, decent draught ael..... All in all just right - dinner was good but not great and breakfast ample and tasty. I'd stay here again a very decent hotel with a good dollop of olde worlde charm and subtle sophistication. Just a shame my wife wasn't with me!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
HoldsworthHouse, Public Relations Manager at Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we really appreciate it. I hope you got your discount voucher on check out to return with your wife! Please let us know what could have been better about your evening meal so that we can make sure everything is perfect on your next stay.