“First class accommodation.”
other traveller has booked this property
TIRRICK looking to the door TIRRICK From the kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
TIRRICK From the main door
TIRRICK looking to the door
TIRRICK From the kitchen
TIRRICK Bedroom
TIRRICK Bathroom
TIRRICK is the right hand dormer at the front. Photo looking north!
TIRRICK is the single rooflight on the back roof. Photo looking South West!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gailnic
Glasgow
“First class accommodation.”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I stayed in Tirrick for 4 nights at the end of August, beginning of September. Apt is exactly as shown in the photos, beautifully finished and with lovely little touches. I arrived 8am, got access right away and was picked up by Steve at the ferry terminal. Loads of fluffy towels which is lovely. Too many places supply one or two for the week in the guise of being Green. However it's anything but, as you end up washing them repeatedly, possibly on their own. The place was always the right temperature and the bed was really comfy. I found the Wifi great. Previous reviews mentioned problems, but it streamed perfectly for me. Excellent 4G signal as you are quite high up. Appliances like cooker, dishwasher & washing machine were very straightforward to use. No impenetrable hieroglyphics to decipher. I had no car and walked back and forward to the town. It was about 25 mins all in. Downhill in, uphill back. There is a bus that would take you half way up the hill, or as I worked out on the last day, the Scalloway bus could drop you on a back road that would avoid hills altogether. Anyway the weather was fine and I mostly walked it every day. A taxi into town would be about a fiver. I found taxis on Shetland expensive and buses unbelievably good value. Good services too, compared to many other rural areas. It is possible to base yourself at The Decca without a car and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I tried to book the town apartment for next June when I'm bringing my mum up for her first visit, but it was booked on the days we needed. I would definitely recommend The Decca.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having everything I needed on hand.
Liked least: I would love to be able to come with husband & dog, but properties aren't pet friendly. I understand why of course but it would be nice if one apt was dog friendly.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Sep 2016
Thank you Gail, we are glad you enjoyed staying with us at The Decca. Certainly the distance for those without a car is very much personal preference. Though now as winter approaches, walking the last bit in winter time is maybe not such a good idea, during our short days. Thats a shame Corbie, in the town centre was not available for you....maybe next time. Thank you again, Gillian & Steve :-)
Jean P
Muir of Ord, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Only stayed 2 nights in Tirrick, but very comfortable & extremely well-equipped.
Sitting room was large (for 2 people) but bedroom was very small, however there was ample storage space there.
Rucksack with map, lunchbox, etc was a kind thought, as was the bottle of beer on arrival!
As shower is above the bath it could do with a grab-handle for the not so young & nimble!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Modern, bright, clean.
Liked least: Shower without support.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Aug 2016
Thank you Jean, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Shetland too. Maybe see you again sometime in the future - Gilian & Steve :-)
China
Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway
6 Jan 2014
Hello Sukhoi, we are delighted that you enjoyed your short visit with us - maybe you will get back again - and the northern lights will appear for you ;-)
Kind Regards,
OH
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

22 Oct 2013
Hi Diane, Thank you for letting us know you got home safe and sound after your further travels around Scotland. We hope you enjoyed your whole visit. We're delighted that staying in Tirrick added to the enjoyment of your visit to Shetland - we do endeavour to make our accommodation somewhere that is nice to return to after any trips out for the day, or night!
Take Care, and happy spinning and knitting :-)
Perth
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
5 Sep 2013
We're glad you all enjoyed your stay with us Sheena, and thank you for your kind review.
Gillian & Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing