““Hoots of fun””

Gauntlet Birds of Prey
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Knutsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Gauntlet, Eagle & Vulture park is the largest bird of prey park in the Northwest of England. With over 120 birds of prey, ranging from the smallest owls to the worlds largest eagle and Vultures it really is a haven for animal lovers. Gauntlet has two daily shows at 12.30 and 3 during the months March-Oct and during the winter months weekends only. As well as our two daily displays we have vulture feeding and meet & greet. We have a large children's play area with plenty of room for picnics. We are on the same site as Fryers garden centre and you can leave at anytime and come back for our displays. For those wishing to get closer we have bird of prey experiences which are run 7 days a week throughout the year. This gives people the opportunity to handle and fly the birds.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was beyond impressed with the amazing set up and layout! I was beyond blown away with how the staff were welcoming and friendly!

The day we arrived it was throwing it down and so busy with at least 50 visitors and the staff (Shelly, Lauren, Jo & Dan?) we’re brilliant with the crowd ensuring everyone got to ask questions, talk about the many many breeds of birds and all the kids got to enjoy the show and demonstrations.

Normally I believe the talks are held outside but with the heavens open they welcomed everyone inside their workshops and even brought out more birds to make up for the weather!

The lady on the shop/entrance was outstanding! Service with a smile.

There’s a huge wooden fort / castle for the kids to play in just after the entrance. Between shows and meeting the birds-of prey/meerkats/goats/ ferrets if you bring a picnic There’s several picnic spots around the aviary (DONT FEED THE BIRDS! & there’s goat food available on arrival for only £1 a bag) or if you need food then the nearby garden centre has a cafe for lunch)

There a bucket of adult and children umbrellas available for borrowing on the wet days! (A few broken)
Disabled access is good, free car park and plenty of choice. Hand washing stations and toilets on site available also.

We shall defiantly be coming back more!

You can become a member
• unlimited visits a year!
• 10% discount in the store.
• monthly work days where you can get involved.
• or members meet ups

gauntlet1002, Manager at Gauntlet Birds of Prey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Gauntlet! We’re glad you enjoyed your day, despite the persistent rain! As you saw, it doesn’t stop us :)

Hope to see you again soon when the sun is shining!

All reviews
"flying display"
in 64 reviews
"meet and greet"
in 31 reviews
"garden centre next door"
in 7 reviews
"lovely afternoon"
"whole family"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We visited Gauntlet on 4th April having booked a taster session for our son's 9th birthday. He has described it as the best present he's ever had and had a really wonderful day. Joe who ran the session was brilliant really kind and patient and so informative. The centre is small but there is a fun adventure playground and plenty of space to picnic. All of the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable that we really had a great day. The highlight for me was the 3 o'clock flying display where we saw a team of Kites flying it was breathtaking. The whole family learnt an awful lot. I would highly recommend a visit we will certainly be returning hopefully on a less rainy day!

Thanks for taking the time to review Gauntlet. We’re glad to hear your son enjoyed his birthday taster experience.

Look forward to seeing you soon on a more sunny day!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We made a last minute decision to visit the centre on Good Friday and arrived in time to have a look round at the birds before witnessing what was a really informative and very enjoyable display and talk. All of the birds were housed in excellent conditions and in very good health. They are clearly loved and very well looked after. The staff were extremely knowledgeable and very happy to answer questions - even when we later realised that they were actually very busy preparing for the display! We look forwards to a return visit soon.

Thank you for taking the time to review Gauntlet. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your day!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Stopped here just in time for the three o'clock demonstration, which was fantastic. A good variety of birds exhibited, very friendly and informative hosts, and of course a beautiful setting.

Reasonable entry fees, very much worth the money. You can walk around both before or after the show(s) and have a good nosy at the birds! The goats and meerkats were a bonus!

No student discount, though it certainly didn't affect my experience.

gauntlet1002, Manager at Gauntlet Birds of Prey, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Gauntlet, we're glad you enjoyed your day! We are currently in the process of looking at student discount so watch this space for your next visit!

See you again soon!

Gauntlet

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My sister gave me a taster session voucher for my birthday. I have a disability and my wife called to make the booking. The staff were most helpful on the phone and took the trouble to ensure that everything would fit around me, When we arrived we were made most welcome and the taster session itself lasted a good hour. During this time I was told exactly what to expect and reassured that things could be adapted around me if I wasn't sure of anything. During the session I was introduced to four delightful birds (starting with Yoda the Little Owl) who all happily sat on the leather glove I was provided with and flew away and back again repeatedly as the birds were fed from the glove, while all the time I was informed about the behaviour patterns and tremendous abilities of the birds. The birds were very comfortable with me and I was absolutely fascinated with them. Some of the flying was indoors, some outdoors. Afterwards we browsed the dsplays and finally watched a flying display outside put on by the professional staff The highlight of this was probably when 20 of the centre's kestrels flew around at once until the end of session when they all flew back home again for their lunch! A superb and unique experience and we intend to go back with our grandson at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks for taking the time to review Gauntlet, we're really glad you enjoyed your experience. The experiences are for you guys so we are always happy to tailor them slightly to meet your needs so we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Hope to see you again soon,

Gauntlet