All reviewsfree wifibudget hotelthree starsmall gymgood sizeair consister hotelplenty of parkingno lifthuge bedreception staffvisiting loughboroughdefinitely stay here againmodern hotelshort staycomfortable roomsbiscuits
Reviewed 2 June 2018

My wife and i were going to a wedding nearby and this hotel was a superbly located place to stay. We werent expecting much - after all it cost 67 UKP including breakfast for 2 in the morning. How shocked was i when we stayed there! To start with the place was immaculately clean. And i mean REALLY spotless. The reception was wide , spacious with the bar attached to the side of it and an excellent selection of tourist information leaflets nearby. The dining area was located opposite the bar and the whole area was very open plan. Information posters were big and in relevant places that common sense people would look for. The bar was very well stocked and open 24 hours for residents! And it was cheap. VERY cheap. Cocktail of the week ( that had at least 2 spirits and several non alcoholic ingredients) was just 4.50 UKP! That impressed me until i got to the room itself. Absolutely amazing. The place was very very clean , well designed but best of all had an absolutely HUGE bed and was probably the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in and that includes my own. Brilliant. In the morning we had a massive and hearty breakfast. Self service of course . The food was cooked brilliantly. The chef was very friendly. Big selection of fruits , cereals , breads , cakes , juices. Amazing selection really. The staff for the building are great , they couldnt do enough to help us , were chatty , friendly and had good local knowledge. That team are punching waaaay above their own weight and frankly travelodge management staff should covertly visit this place to see how its run and then go back , with tail between legs , to their own hotels and relate what they have learned. Overall i have just one complaint about the time we were there and that was that i wasnt there long enough. But i will be going back for sure. One word of warning though - dont follow a postcode for the sat nav. It takes you along a road that the council have just installed bollards on that blocks it off - look for the Harvester restaurant and go there as the Hotel is next door.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Link H, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Good afternoon Mr Saunders

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us, and I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience. We have had great pleasure in relaying your comments to our team and they are all happy to know that they made your stay an enjoyable one. We very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Really friendly and helpful staff didn't book disabled room as it was booked by family member but when staff saw my wife was disabled they changed our room to a disabled one the room was large with walk in shower there was also good selection of coffees the bed was large and very comfy

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Link H, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Good evening

Many thanks for such a lovely review, we are delighted to hear that our reception team looked after you and were able to accommodate your needs. We do hope you have the opportunity to come and see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Firstly I would note that Loughborough doesn't exactly have a lot of choice when it comes to hotels and both The Link and it's sister hotel Burleigh Court appear to be amongst the best on offer.

I paid around £95 B&B which I found was a significant jump on their usual price, which seems to average around the £50-55 mark. I learnt on my arrival that this was due to the presence of a number of international football teams visiting for the u17's uefa championship.

The hotel has a very similar vibe to a Premier Inn in many ways, including the ubiquitous Harvester next door; although they have added some extras such as a small onsite gym.

The bedroom was spacious and the bed fairly comfortable albeit, I think, one of those zip together ones. The room was pretty quiet but any passing noise (thankfully infrequent) in the corridor can easily be heard. The tea and coffee facility was a bit lacklustre with generic bland tea bags and instamuck coffee sachets but there was a biscuit and hot chocolate which always gains a thumbs up!

The ensuite was small and had a mixer type shower which at least worked but some hasty fix-ups were evident in the form of liberally applied silicon.

There was plenty of free parking on site and a bar and restaurant. I didn't try the restaurant in the evening and to be honest, by the quality of the breakfast, I'm glad I didn't. The scrambled eggs were one of the most pale and insipid things I've ever eaten and reminded me distinctly of powdered egg, the beans were cold and runny and the bacon as cold and tough as leather. There was thankfully some continental alternatives, which was lucky given the presence of the world class European footballers but hardly a positive representation of the Full English let alone the hotel!

The saving grace was some friendly staff but otherwise it was a sadly average affair that I was unlucky enough to have paid over the odds for.

If I were to return to Loughborough then I'd probably try Burleigh Court first but otherwise I'd skip breakfast and make sure you get the best price!

The ensuite was small and it seemed that some hasty fix-ups had been made with a liberal application of silicon but it was otherwise clean and presentable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Good evening

Many thanks for taking time to write about your recent stay, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the full English breakfast during your stay, but must assure you that all our food is freshly prepared using all locally sourced ingredients. We do hope that you come and see us again in order that you can see this is not to our usual standard.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

nice hotel, clean location was good for me, food was good people were good all round a nice well run hotel where i would definitely stay again

blah blah blah...... i do think 200 letters is to many for a review

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Link H, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Good evening Glenn

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Good location just off the M1 and easy parking. Room was good size and relatively quiet. Didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment. It’s pretty non discript with zero character and atmostphere so don’t expect a great vibe. Overall though for a business hotel it makes sense.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Link H, Customer Relations at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Good Morning John

Thank you for taking time to write your comments. We do appreciate hearing from our guests and we have taken on board your comments. We do hope to welcome you again in the future.